{ Chapter 41 }

"𝓘 𝓷𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮. 𝓘 𝓶𝓮𝓪𝓷, 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝔂 𝓘 𝔀𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓫𝓲𝓰, 𝓫𝓪𝓰𝓰𝔂 𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓼. 𝓝𝓸 𝓫𝓸𝓭𝔂 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓷 𝓸𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷'𝓽 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱" - 𝓑𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓮 𝓔𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓱

Chapter 41:

I closed my door only to be welcomed by a very excited Lexi

I closed my door only to be welcomed by a very excited Lexi. She was sitting patiently on the corridor's couch, and once she heard my keys ruffle behind the door, she let out several happy barks.

"Hey, girl!", I crouched smooching her with kisses, "Did you miss me? You missed me, right? Such a good girl"

Cayden just dropped me from the 'mall'. The meeting ended well if you are wondering. Michael even told me that I get to not patrol till next Monday because the SDG is tripling the patrols around the town and on the borders of the city. He also said something about my safety, especially as Lady Solain, because now I'm wanted by more than two big gangs, so it's better if armed police and agents take the patrolling for now. We managed to finish fifteen minutes early, so I sprinted to the mall as fast as I could.

Of course, I can't get 'out of the mall' empty-handed. For Lexi's sake, I was supposed to stay there for an hour. Luckily I entered the closest two shops I can find and I bought a pair of black leggings for me, and a tie-dyed hoodie for Cayden; he always wanted one of those. I eventually gave it to him in the car, and he loved it. He also said that there is a surprise in my room; that I should check my laptop.

Cayden's tie-dyed hoodie which Annie bought from the mall

...

"

Okay, Lexi", I stood up, "We have guests over. Guess who it is?"

She looked at me confused.

"Daniel is coming", Lexi let out an excited bark. She sure loves Daniel, "Why don't you bring your toys to the living room, so you can play with him? Hmm?"