(21)Cruel Intentions

Read

Comment

Vote

Enjoy

Cruel Intentions

Three weeks had gone by, and Leigh was ready to pull her hair out –or at least jump off a cliff. She had been adamant with not giving into Jason and keeping her space, but he proved her to be very relentless. He barricaded her parents' house with three visits from the florist. Her parents had become upset, and when the last of the roses came in –making a grand total of one hundred and fifty—they were pretty much livid. The roses were hell to get rid of, and on top of that she had a major pollen allergen, and she couldn't go five seconds without sneezing.

Everything had come to a halt about two weeks in, and Leigh had thought that Jason had finally taken the hint, but she was sadly mistaken. After being scouted out at the local market by a publishing agent, she was insulted by how Jason thought his connections would solve her problems. She had known right away that Jason had sent the agent over, after all, he didn't even want to see a manuscript and insisted on giving her a contract right away.

Not to mention, Jason was following her. Every time she would leave the house, she would spot him in the most obnoxious of ways. The crazy thing was that he probably thought he was being subtle, but riding around in an expensive dark car with sunglasses on only made him look like a creeper.

And, on top of everything, Leigh was aroused to no end. She didn't know if it was the fact that she was keeping space from him, or that his actions were making her lose her mind, but she found herself thinking all sorts of thoughts. She would toss in turn at night, her mind consumed with thoughts of Jason and him having her bended in many different positions.

"Are you even paying attention?" Janice snapped, her voice slicing through Leigh's thoughts. Leigh's mouth hung open, and she shook her head slightly.

"Why bother?" she grumbled. "You've repeated yourself about five times."

"That's no attitude to have," Janice said, her voice going high as she gave Leigh a smile. Leigh rested her chin in the palm of her hand and eyed Janice warily. Janice had been extremely nice to her, especially after they announced the official wedding date. Janice had insisted to get married in the summer and after countless amounts of bickers, they had settled on June twenty-first; almost a month away.

"Sorry?" Leigh said in a way that was more of a question than a statement. She had been incredibly snappy lately, and she guessed it was because she wasn't getting her daily dosage of Jason. She kicked out from the chair and lifted herself up.

"Where are you going?" Janice asked, her voice sounding rushed and panicked. Leigh's eyes furrowed before she cocked her hip to the side.

"If you must know," she said in an annoyed tone. "I have to pee." Janice made a sour face, her lips pursing together and her eyes going cross. She sighed heavily, looking at her watch before she nodded her head.

"Okay, if you can't hold it for any longer," she said in a rushed tone. "Just make sure you use the ones downstairs so you can hurry and come back. Clearly I have to teach you some formal etiquette." Leigh made a face before turning on her heels and rolling her eyes. She didn't know why Janice insisted on holding her hostage for so long anyway. She had been trying to roam the palace in hopes of accidentally running into Jason. It was a sad thing, she knew that, but she was clearly desperate. She wanted space and to torture him, but she wanted to forgive him at the same time.