(25)How Scandalous [Part 2]

Guess who's updating early? Yup, me. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and get all the answers that you may have. This story is coming to an end so stay tuned, you never know how soon a next update will be! 

Read

Vote

Comment

Enjoy

xoxo

pic at the top is Leigh's dress.

How Scandalous [Part 2]

Leigh sat in front of the golden vanity mirror in one of the many spacious rooms of the McFarroll mansion. She had a brush in her hand, sliding it against her hair and staring at her appearance in an almost robotically way. It was the day of the pre-wedding dinner—her official wedding was supposed to be tomorrow—but she hadn't seen or heard from Jason since Janice decided to start making confessions.

That was two days ago.

They didn't even have time to tell people that they had eloped. She was going crazy. There were over a hundred guests set to arrive at the mansion for her formal party, and all she could think about was how much of a mess her life was. Just when she and Jason were finally starting to see some happiness...

She couldn't even think of her parents! She was embarrassed by their behavior and disappointed. She didn't know how to confront them. A part of her hoped it was all some silly twisted joke Janice had pulled out her ass—but, there was also another part of her that wasn't so naïve. Everything Janice said—about her parents being moochers—made sense as to why she was so against Leigh being with Jason in the first place.

Hell, Leigh couldn't really blame them for thinking that she was a gold-digger as well if that's really what her parents did. Leigh clutched the hair brush, her eyes snapping closed as she took in a deep breath of air.

Nora and Jason were half siblings.

Her breathing spiked as she swallowed air into her lungs. Thick tears fell down her cheeks unconsciously. She knew that when it came to direct bloodlines, Jason and her weren't related, but the fact that they shared a sibling was mind numbing. Knowing that her parents knew this whole time and allowed Nora to go to the ball and pursue Jonah, had Leigh feeling sick to her stomach.

If her parents were half the people Janice and Jim had said they were, then they were pretty sick. They were willing to let Nora marry one of her half-brothers just to ensure financial stability. They knew that the McFarroll's cared too much about their dumb reputations to mention anything or dispute the idea.

She felt as if her parents were strangers; she didn't know them at all. She ate up their sob story about how the McFarroll's gave them a second chance. If it weren't for them wanting to push the relationship with her and Jason, she would have probably resisted him longer. Hell, for all she knew, she probably wouldn't have even been in the situation altogether. Her own parents set her up—pimped her out—and used her.

There were three knocks at the door before someone barged in. In a swift motion, Leigh turned to face the intruder. Her hair brushed her face roughly with her sudden action. Sapphire irises met chilly grey eyes, and Leigh couldn't help the way her heart seemed to sink to the bottom of her stomach. Jason's gaze was gripping, making her mouth feel arid. He walked towards her in a slow motion, his eyes never leaving hers for a second.