(18) Playing Court

Hey guys. Two updates in one week wow, I may be on a roll again!

This is dedicated to @_Theianyxeos for the amazing graphic above and the ones that you will see on the next three chapters!

Let's try to get 25 comments and 35 votes this chapter yeah? I would be really grateful! This chapter is mainly a filler to show how Jason is with Leigh's family and also show insight on how Leigh was when she lived with her parents.

Read

Vote

Comment

Enjoy

xoxo

Playing Court

Leigh and Jason were pulling up in front of Leigh's parents' new home at the same time as each other. The home was located at the edge of Stonebrook, hidden mainly by a vast selection of palm trees and with a terraced deck next to a sparkling pool. "This is a nice place," Jason said, titling his head in approval.

"Brace yourself," Leigh said, ignoring his comment. "My family could be a bit chaotic." Jason gave her a wide eyed look as they walked up the stone walkway towards the double wide front door. Leigh knocked on the door a couple times before she was greeted with the boyish face of Tristan, Leigh's twelve year old brother.

He frowned, his sandy eyebrows drawing together as he made an annoyed face. "Please, don't tell me you're moving back in?" he asked, his voice going extremely high as he rolled his clover green eyes. Leigh made a face at him, pulling him into her embrace and rubbing her hand rapidly through his hair in a teasing manner.

"You know you miss me, squirt," Leigh laughed out.

"You know what I don't miss?" Tristan asked, "You taking up all of the hot shower water."

"That was Nora," both Leigh and Ana, her mother said in unison. They all laughed while Ana and Leigh's father came into view.

"Kids will grow up and leave the nest," Ana started as she focused on Jason, "but siblings will be siblings."

"It's so good to officially meet you," Leigh's father said as he gripped Jason's hand and shook firmly.

"Likewise," Jason stated coolly. "I've been dying to properly meet the creators of my beautiful fiancé, and Mr. Mercer, the barbeque smells delicious."

"Please, call me James. I hope you brought your appetite."

They all leave from the doorway and make their way into the kitchen where Ana is preparing the sides for dinner. The inside of the home was cozy and a comfortable size with a grand oak table in the middle of the dining room. Leigh smiled at Jason, giving him an encouraging look to keep bonding with her parents. All the while, she was taken by surprise when Tristan reaches out his leg to trip her.

"Oh, you're dead," she exclaims as she chases after him in circles around the island in the middle of the kitchen. Tristan laughs hysterically as he grabs a spoon with barbeque sauce on it and sent the sauce flinging towards Leigh. She cursed loudly as the sauce got on her blouse, sinking into the blue shirt. "Way to go twerp," she yelled at Tristan, "This was a good shirt."

Jason let out a laugh that had Leigh glaring at him to be quiet.

"Calm down sweetheart," James said to Leigh. "We still have a few boxes of your clothes in the third room down the hall to the left." Leigh nodded at him, grabbing Jason by the wrist as she dragged him down the hall and into the room. The room was along the big side, dimply lit with boxes all over the place with labeling printed on the side of them.