(1)Choice Ball

Hey guys here is chapter one. I hope you all will

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

ENJOY

xoxoxoxoxo

P.S Leigh name is pronounced (Lay) && Check out the trailer on the side——->

Choice Ball

Leigh Mercer had grown up with a certain fear and repugnance towards the McFarroll family.

Their family reigned over the elite community of Stonebrook and made sure that no one ever forgets it. Their mansion sat at the very top of the hill, as if looking down on the other houses in distaste. All of the houses in Stonebook were extravagant, nevertheless- but, there was just something about the McFarroll home that screamed superiority over others.

With towers and corridors going on for what seemed like miles, seventy nine bedrooms, forty three bathrooms, and let's not forget the employed staff of over a hundred people- the red bricked mansion was easily awe worthy.

Leigh shook her head, her hair of blonde singlet curls swaying with her movement. She couldn't even imagine how the McFarroll's came across such money; or how her family ended up entangled with the snotty family. She had never made it her business to learn about them. She knew all she needed to know, really.

They were selfish people; their hands so oily from gluttony that a pleasant hand shake was never in order. They strung people along, using their wealth and expensive family name to make you their bitch; which was exactly how she felt they treated her own family at times.

And then, there were the McFarroll sons- six of them ranging from twenty-six to eighteen. They were the reason behind the hustling heard throughout the town. Every household family was getting their daughters ready for a Ball- Choice Ball to be exact.

It was tradition in Stonebrook, dating back two centuries ago.

Once a McFarroll son became of age, a ball was to be held to find him an immediate wife. This year, Leigh owed the pleasure of the Choice Ball to the youngest McFarroll son, Jonah. She never thought twice about Choice Ball before, or even had this much anxiety about it. But, that was because she was young herself and it wasn't mandatory for her to come until she was of age. Now though, she was nineteen.

Leigh still believed that she was going to easily be overlooked. Stonebrook girls went all out for the balls, as if it was their very own wedding day.

Leigh's sister, Nora, was one of those girls. Even now as she watched Nora go over her sleek chocolate mane of hair with the flat iron, she could see a glint of determination pulsing through her clover green eyes. Leigh didn't blame her. After all, who didn't want to be a part of a stable family with not having so much a care in the world? Not to mention that each McFarroll son was feverishly appealing in their own way.

That was a fact.

With toned, tanned skin, a mural of wheat and dark hair, and let's not forget those silver grey eyes- oh yes, they were certainly beautiful. But, their looks didn't intrigue Leigh either. She just found it completely repulsive that she didn't have a say so in the matter. She had to go to the ball and if the McFarroll just so happens to take a liking to her, she had to marry him and glorify her family name.

To deny the McFarroll's was simply unheard of, and Leigh didn't want to be the first to do it, but she still had morals. "Why can't I just wear a paper bag over my head?" she asked her mother, her voice sounding all of defiant. "After all, it'll pretty much fit my mood."