(23)Vegas Drama

First I want to apologize for the wait! Second I'm sorry if this is kind of short and out of sync with previous chapters. I've been working on my laptop with no wifi (I moved) and in order to post this I literally had to use the hot spot on my phone which costs extra money on my phone bill. This story is coming to an end, so enjoy!

Vegas Drama

Leigh was acting weird –she knew it, and Jason most definitely knew it. She was avoiding him, a tactic that she used almost immediately after waking up in their bed and being entangled in his arms. She didn't mean to dodge his every presence, but she didn't know what was expected of her after their night of passion.

A part of her wondered if their steamy exchange came from the fact that she had asked him for a little bit of inspiration for her essay, or if he had the whole scene planned from the very beginning. It was a great way to end her birthday, but it only left her confused. Were they together for real now, or were they just two people who had sex because they were attracted to one another? She couldn't figure out which one it was, and although the adult thing to do was confront Jason about it, she was somewhat afraid of whatever answer he would give her.

So, she had been driving herself crazy instead. Staying at the library for most of her mornings, occupying most of her days with Elsa, taking long nightly visits to her parents' house, and arriving at their new beach house no earlier than midnight. She had figured he would've be asleep by then, and when he began to wait up for her, she stopped coming home altogether.

So, she was excited when Elsa had come to her with the idea of a bachelorette party. Her wedding was set to take place in just under two weeks, and she desperately needed every excuse to get away from Jason.

At first, Jason was against her having a wild night due to all of their mob enemies –not to mention the past attack they had in the outlet mall had made him extremely alert. But, after countless days of pleading –on Elsa's end—and the idea Leigh pitched of going out of state to do it, he soon caved.

She had no idea who to invite; Elsa was her only real friend after all. Yet, with Elsa being in charge of the invitations, she found herself trapped in a large party van with not only Elsa, but Nora, Olivia, and a timid woman close to Elsa named Francine.

Leigh couldn't have been any less thrilled about the whole arrangement. She understood why Elsa thought it was vital to invite her own sister even though they were on bad terms, but she had no idea as to why Olivia had come along. Leigh had practically choked on her glass of champagne when she saw the red head bombshell escorting herself onto the expensive private plane Jason had bought.

Leigh had guessed that word had got out of a bachelorette weekend and she decided to invite herself. She felt as though whatever the reason was, Janice was behind it. Leigh didn't know if Olivia knew anything about her blackmailing Janice, but that didn't make the plane ride to Las Vegas any less awkward.

Nora had ignored Leigh's existence the entire ride, and she wanted to throw her drink on her in an attempt to piss her off. What could she say? She was still Nora's younger sibling, and sometimes she thought to lash out in the most childish of ways.

"Viva Las Vegas!" Elsa screeched as soon as they got off of the party bus in front of the expensive hotel. She was probably the only one in a good mood. Her pale hair flew wildly as she undid her ponytail in a swift motion.

Leigh gave her a pointed look –indicating that Elsa needed to calm down—but even Leigh had become a little excited. Granted, for the most part she was in lousy company, but Vegas was a trip well needed. She couldn't remember the last time she had let loose and relaxed without having to look over her shoulder all the time.