(8)Seeing Red

Hello my little pervies! This is where the story takes sort of a dark turn. But, no worries, there will still be more sexy scenes that involve all things Jason and Leigh! I just have to get the plot flowing for you guys before this book turns out to be a never ending literary pornographic book. & trust me those are NOT my intentions! But, I hope you will...

Read

Vote

Comment

Enjoy

xoxoxoxo

Seeing Red

Jason was stalling, that Leigh knew for sure. She watched with a certain interest as he paced the floor, and if she weren't so pissed off at him, she would have actually thought it was adorable. Clearing her throat in a very unladylike manner, she made sure that her face was clear of humor as she relaxed on the bed. 

"Stop pacing the floor like an idiot and tell me what I want to know," she said, her voice hard as she eyed his stiff posture. Jason's jaw clenched tightly, nevertheless, he stopped pacing the floor and stood by her.

"I guess I should start at the beginning," he said, his voice thick as he finally realized there was no way to avoid this.

"That would be great," Leigh said in a sarcastic tone, folding her arms across her chest.

"I'm rich," he blurted out randomly. Leigh made a face, her eyes crossing at Jason's outburst.

"Now is not the time to be arrogant," she said with a peeved expression on her face. "The whole world knows you're wealthy."

"No," he interrupted. "I'm filthy rich, probably richer than my parents." At this, Leigh became curious. She straightened her posture as she gave him an interested look. It wasn't impossible to be richer than a McFarroll, but it was hard for Leigh to believe that at the age of twenty-six, Jason had surpassed the wealth of his parents.

"How is that possible?" she asked with an incredulous expression on her face.

"My god father, Julius, was the leader of a notorious and dangerous mob in New York," he explained. "He was a wanted man; before he was killed he wrote a will and left me all of his assets." Leigh raised her eyebrow at him.

"How much are we talking?" She asked, feeling herself go breathless as her heart began to thud rather harshly.

"One hundred million dollars' worth of cash, a few dozen acres of land, and a couple foreign cars." 

If Leigh would have allowed herself to faint, she would have passed out right then and there. One hundred million dollars was a lot of money, and here she was, pretending to be his fake fiancé and the only thing she got out of it was homework help?

"That's not all," Jason continued, wiping a nervous sweat from his brow. "The police investigated the money to see if my god father had come across it illegally. Everything panned out to be legitimate and the money was put in my trust fund for me to receive once I get a wife."

"Here we go with this whole marriage thing again," Leigh groaned. "But, I still don't see how this puts me in danger."

"When my god father died, his nephew, Tony, took his place. It was rightfully his seeing as he was the only person alive who was related to him."

"And?" Leigh asked impatiently. She felt like he was trying to avoid the most important question of them all.

"It's a clause in my inheritance that says I will not receive my money, or anything for that matter if I am not married after my twenty-seventh birthday," he explained with a roll of his eye as if he was annoyed by the minor detail. "The money will go to my god father's next relative, Tony, instead of me."