(24)How Scandalous [Part 1]

I know, you guys are probably thinking, "Where the hell have you been." And really, I didn't have internet for a while, but it just seems like the closer I get to the end of TRAS, the less motivated I become. I hope this super lengthy and juicy chapter makes up for my absence.

P.s- Only three more chapters left!

Read

Vote

Comment

Enjoy

xoxoxo

Recap:

He was everything to her, and rather she liked it or not, she did love him. She felt exhilarated when she was with him, and her heart tugged at the thought of ever losing him. But, she didn't want to get married—to make such a big commitment when she barely could control her life at the moment. Jason was a wild card, and although he had been good with her lately, he had a past. He had been with so many girls, and was known to act irrational when he didn't get his way.

Yet, she knew that if she denied him, their relationship would never be the same. And she had to ask herself if her love for Jason was important enough for her to commit the rest of her life to him and his flaws?

How Scandalous [Part I]

Janice McFarroll pursed her lips around her straw, her pearl tinted cat fingernails clutching the wine glass in almost a death grip. She peered out of the crystalline glass window of the sun room—looking out at her small empire—before turning around quickly at the sound of footsteps. Tall limbs, charcoal black hair and somber eyes came into view. She narrowed her eyes at her husband, one hand going to her hip in a saucy way.

"You look well my love," Jim said, going in close and attempting to kiss her rose hued lips. Janice side stepped him, her eyes going cross at the same time.

"You had me sent to an insane asylum," she spat through gritted teeth. Jim could tell that she was fuming, her usual creamy skin the color of a ripped tomato. Jim sighed. He was trying hard to keep his temper down, but really, he should be the one angry. His wife was always off planning crazy schemes, and her latest scheme—to kill the fiancé of their eldest son—simply took the cake. He wasn't a fan of the girls'—Leigh's—family's status in society or the ties they had with them in the past either, but he most certainly didn't want to see her dead.

He had noticed the change of behavior in his son. He was taking initiative at his companies and he was no longer tainting the family name by being labeled as the play boy who slept with many young women. Leigh was a positive influence on him, but she simply wasn't McFarroll material. Her father was a moocher who begged for money and then would gamble it all away, while her mother was dependent on an alcohol bottle.

They came from nothing, growing up in the poorest neighborhoods in their city, and if it wasn't for them being one of Janice's projects, they would still be nothing. Jim felt as if helping them get their life together and acquire the little wealth they had now was charity enough. He certainly didn't approve of them latching onto the McFarroll's by making Jason fall in love with their daughter.