(28)Final Report

Okay guys so this is like a bonus chapter. You DON'T have to read it, but for those of you who likes a good twist then read on! It's pretty short so...

Comment

Vote

Enjoy

xoxoxo

Final Report

Leigh sat at her favorite table at the old bistro coffee shop she used to go to. It had been a while since she visited her old hangout spot, and with her new role as a wife, she barely had anytime to herself. "You've been gone all morning," Jason whined through the receiver of her phone. "I miss you."

Leigh pursed her lips, smiling at the tone of his voice. Most people thought that Jason was a hard ass, but Leigh was quickly seeing that he was a huge softie-one who always wanted her in his presence. With everything that had went down with Tony, he was acting extremely cautious of Leigh's whereabouts.

She didn't even know how she managed to break away from him this morning. "I know love, I miss you too," she whispered into the phone, looking around to see if anyone was overhearing her conversation. "Just let me finish this chapter and I'll be right home."

She had started writing novels again, and she forgot how free being able to control her own characters made her feel. "Okay," he replied quickly. "I love you."

"Love you more, bye." She ended the call before they could go into a twenty minute long session of 'no I love you more'. She did miss him, but she was here on business and she couldn't have him distracting her.

"Hello there, Leigh." Leigh glanced up, staring into the face of the red headed woman she knew all too well.

"You're late," Leigh barked, closing her laptop and taking a sip of her frappe. Olivia rolled her eyes, sitting down in the chair across from Leigh.

"I had a few things I couldn't get away from-"

"So did I," Leigh snapped, straightening her back in the chair, "Yet, I still made it here on time."

"Still a bitch, I see," Olivia smirked at her.

"Do you have the flash drive or not?" Leigh asked, getting straight to the point.

"Do you have the money?"

Leigh sighed, looking around discreetly before bending over and sliding the black duffle bag she had brought towards Olivia. Olivia peered into the bag, her eyes going wide with the amount of money she saw.

"Well done," she said, smiling at Leigh. "Honestly, I almost thought you wouldn't deliver."

"You're not going anywhere with that until I get the flash drive," Leigh pulled her sweater to the side, making sure the Olivia got a glance at the small gun she had in her right hand and aimed at her. With her free hand, Leigh held her palm out expectantly, waiting for Olivia to give her what she had worked hard for.

Olivia looked from the gun to Leigh, not an ounce of fear on her face. "You've certainly changed since the first time we met."

Leigh thought back to that time over eight months ago. She had been in the very spot she was in now, crying because one of her favorite journalists had told her she didn't have what it takes to be one. Let him tell it, she was too gullible and innocent-that she wasn't able to go to the extremes to get a good story.