Chapter 1: Nothing Unusual

♣️♠️♥️♦️

Hyakkaou Private Academy

Tamara looks at the Academy in front of her as she smokes the last of her cigarette. Huge was just an understatement to describe the Academy in front of her. It was two times bigger than her previous school back in the US.

She stomped the cigarette butt with her right foot and walks through the entrance of the Academy. Students in red uniforms started to look at her, murmuring. She smirked as she heard them whispering about her with their friend groups.

'Who wouldn't want some attention on their first day of school, right?' she said to herself.

"That girl's gorgeous!"

"I know, right?"

"I haven't seen her before."

"Maybe a new student?"

"Weird, she doesn't look like a high-schooler to me."

"A new student? School started one and a half months ago."

"What's with the Academy lately? We just have a new student a week ago and now there's another again."

"The Academy accepts students all year round anyway."

They were right and Tamara understood them; she enrolled in the Academy one and a half months late. She dropped out of her senior year in high school last year. Also, she has earned way more money than an average college graduate in the US could make for the rest of their lives. But thinking about what would be her father's reaction, she had to finish high school at least. She doesn't want to disappoint him.

She didn't notice that she was already at the main building entrance. Students still look at her and murmur with their circle of friends. Some of them look friendly, some don't, and some look like they are fangirls or something. She wanted to approach them to ask where the student council office was, but the way they looked at her was the reason that was stopping her from talking to them.

"Hello!" a girl with straight black hair in a hime cut suddenly approaches her. Meanwhile, a lonely-looking, pale-skinned boy with messy brown hair is following the girl close behind. "I haven't seen you around the academy before. Perhaps you're a new student?" she asked her joyfully.

Tamara looked at the black-haired girl from head to toe. She hasn't seen her before but finds her familiar. "Yeah..." she answered hesitantly.

The black-haired girl chuckles and extends her hand to her. "I'm Yumeko Jabami!" she introduced. "And this is my friend Ryota Suzui," she continued and pointed at the boy who was following her.

"H-Hello..." the boy awkwardly greeted her.

"Hello to you too," she said and turned her face back to the black-haired girl. She smiled and shook the other girl's hand.

Now she knows why she's familiar.

"I'm Tammy Edwards," Tamara introduced herself. "Nice to meet you, Yumeko. And you too, Ryota."

"It's nice meeting you, Tammy-san! I hope we become friends! I love making friends!" Yumeko cheered.

"If that's the case, we have something in common! I love making friends too!" Tamara exclaimed.

"Great! Then we are friends now!" Yumeko giggled.

Remembering her high school days in the US, Tamara was friends with almost all of the students in her school. It makes her happy that she already got a friend in her new school even though she just set foot in it a few minutes ago.