Chapter 29: Excuse Me, I Have to go Make a Scene

♣️♠️♥️♦️

"Is that the Student Council Treasurer?"

"He looks so messed up!"

"Did he lose to a gamble?"

Kaede ignored everyone's comments about him and continues to walk across the school corridor. He's not been getting enough sleep ever since the prank-call fiasco that Tamara did to him. It's been a week since it happened and he's got enough of it.

"You have plans after school?" Itsuki asked.

"No, I don't," Nanami answered.

"Same with me," Mary followed.

"I-" Ryota was cut off by Itsuki.

"Great! Let's all hang out in the mall together!"

"I would love that!" Yumeko agreed.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go and pick up Edwards-senpai!"

A smirk got its way on his face as soon as he finds the person he was looking for.

"M-Manyuda-senpai?!" Itsuki blurted as soon as she saw him. "W-what are you doing here?! And what happened to you?!"

"Yumeko Jabami," he called, completely ignoring the short-haired girl next to Yumeko.

"I want to challenge you in an official match."

Yumeko chuckled as her eyes turned red.

"Subarashii~"

---

Yumeko and Kaede found themselves seated opposite each other in front of the whole school while the Student Council Vice President volunteered to be their dealer. Kaede purposely decided to make his gamble with Yumeko to be taken place in the school auditorium so he can humiliate her and prove something to his father.

"The game we will play today is Choice Poker," the Student Council Vice-President started. "It has the same rules as regular poker. The only difference is that the players are only allowed to bet or raise."

"The player who has the highest bet each round gets to choose the ranking for the said round. A weaker hand or a stronger hand," she explained. "One chip is equivalent to 10 million yen. How many do you want, Yumeko Jabami?"

"Hm... Since I have 310 million yen debt, I'll take 31 chips!" Yumeko answered cheerfully.

"And you?"

Kaede smirked at his opponent before raising his eyeglasses with his right middle finger. "100 chips please."

"100 chips?!"

"That's 1 billion yen!"

"That's a lot of money for a simple gamble!"

The crowds continued to murmur in disbelief but it vanished once the Student Council Vice-President starts talking again to announce the beginning of the game.

At first, Yumeko won with some chips but Kaede ultimately defeat her until she was out of chips.

"You are out of chips, Jabami. Would you like to continue?" the Student Council Vice President asked.

"I would like to call a friend of mine to help me if that's okay?"

The white-haired Vice President nods her head, making Yumeko stands up and calls her friend from the crowd of people watching them.

"Sumeragi-san!" she called Itsuki.

"M-me?!"

"Do you mind if I borrow some money from you?"