Chapter 21: Everyone is Dumb~

♣️♠️♥️♦️

"Your lead singer can't come to the concert? That's wonderful-I-I mean awful! Yes! Very awful! I hope they get well soon," Tamara said on the other line of her call.

"So it's set then? Friday at 4pm?... Yes, don't worry about the expenses, I'll cover them... Wonderful! I can't wait to get to work with y'all! See you on Friday then! Bye!" she bids farewell to the other line and happily turns off her phone.

She took a sip of her martini before crossing out the 'All-Out Group Singing Contest' mini-game from her copy of the program rundown.

"One down, eight to go!" she said and put the program rundown on her backpack. She leans on the wall and waits for Yumeko and Ryota. A few minutes later, she finds Yumeko skipping through the hallway.

"Yo, Yumeko!" Tamara waved her hands at Yumeko. The raven-haired girl quickly approaches her.

"Tammy-san!" Yumeko called. "Did I make you wait for too long?"

"Nah, it's all good," the other girl replied. "I just finished talking to someone on my phone when you arrived."

"Oh~ Are they the singing group you'll invite to the concert?" Yumeko asked her.

"Yep!"

"Who is it?"

"A secret makes a woman, woman," Tamara told her and winked. "You'll know when it is my time to perform at the concert."

"Okay!"

"Where's Ryota, by the way?" she inquired and looked for Ryota.

"Suzui-san left early," Yumeko answered. "He's still flabbergasted after you told Yumemite-san he has a crush on her."

"Yeah, I figured that'll happen," Tamara added and both of them laughed. "Since Ryota left early today, that means you are stuck with me now," she stated and they started to leave the school.

"So, do you walk to get your home or do you take public transport? Train? Bus? Or you take an Uber perhaps?"

"I take the bus, Tammy-san."

"Let's walk you to the bus stop, then," Tamara told her. "It's a dark world we live in today, especially for us girls. You might even have a stalker lurking around. Who knows, right?"

Just right after Tamara said that a silhouette of a person appeared in a nearby alleyway. The mysterious figure takes a peek at the two girls walking on the side of the road.

"Anyways, since it's only the two of us now... I have a question, Yumeko," Tamara said while they are walking.

"What is it, Tammy-san?" Yumeko asked her back.

"On my first day at school, you purposely let me win against my gamble with you. Why?"

Yumeko chuckled. "I let you win so you can finally experience how fun it is to win against me!"

"Wow. You really have to rub it off my face don't you?" Tamara replied sarcastically.

"Mhm!"

"Welp, that's a hard truth I had to accept tho," she conceded. "How are you?" she asked Yumeko genuinely.

"I'm doing fine, Tammy-san," the raven-haired girl replied. "I live alone for a long time now but I still visit my big sister from time to time."

"I'm glad you're doing just fine," Tamara told her "How's Miss Souko, by the way? I'm sorry if I didn't make time to visit her ever since I got back."