Chapter 37: A Dumbass Walks Into a Bar

♣️♠️♦️♥️

"This is the pictures of the CCTV footage before the game in the tower of doors, Kaichou," Sayaka presented a piece envelope containing pictures to the Student Council President. "The identity of the suspect is included in the envelope too."

The Student Council President takes off the papers inside the envelope her Secretary gave her and takes a closer look into it.

"The suspect is Daisuke Ando. 16 years old. A second-year Tsubaki-class student from our Academy," the Student Council Secretary continued.

"He became a housepet after lending his former friend Jun Kiwatari 10 million yen during the debt swap game and after Edwards-san—I mean, Totobami-san paid for Nanami Tsubomi's debt."

"He's not showing up for his classes ever since the tower incident happen," she reported. "The origin of the bomb used in the tower is still unknown but I'm doing my best to find it out, Kaichou."

"I see," said the Student Council President. "Your work here is done, Sayaka. You can go now."

She's not taking her eyes off the paper works on her table until she notices her Secretary not moving on where she's standing.

"Do you have something to say? Any concerns?"

"Actually, I do," her Secretary answered. "There is something I wanted to ask you ever since the tower incident happened a week ago."

"Kaichou, did something happen between you and Totobami-san while you two were trapped on the tower?"

The President froze in her seat. She knew that her Secretary will eventually ask her about what happened on the tower before she got rescued by the rescue helicopter. Tamara had not been showing up to their class too ever since the incident so that may add to her Secretary's suspicion about what happened that night.

"I—"

She was interrupted when her Secretary's phone rang. She sighed out of relief while Sayaka answers the phone call.

"Hello—"

[You want a piece of me?! You want a fucking piece of me?!]

"Excuse me?!"

Sayaka draws her phone away from her ear when she heard breaking glasses and tons of shouting on the other line.

[U-Uhm hello, is this the Hyakkaou Private Academy?]

She exchanged looks with the President before answering the other line.

"Yes. You're speaking to their Student Council Secretary, Sayaka Igarashi. May I know who I'm speaking to?"

[This is—You think you can beat me?! Bitch, I play Tekken— Hitomi! I'm Hitomi. A bartender from The Hen Thigh Bar?]

The more that the other line talks to her, the more Sayaka and the President get confused. 'Why would a bartender call the Academy at 8 pm?' she asked herself.

"O-Okay, Hitomi-sama. How can I help you?"

[There's a customer that's causing a massive brawl in our bar. She's claiming that she's a student of your school?]

The Student Council Secretary can hear the nervous laugh of the bartender on the other side of the phone.

"Alright..." she answered awkwardly. She doesn't know what to tell the other line anymore since she doesn't care about what their students do after they left school. "May I know what their name is? You know, so we can call their parents to deal with the problem instead of us?"