Chapter 18: She's a Fucking Psychopath

♣️♠️♥️♦️

[Who dis?]

"Good evening, this is Sayaka Igarashi. Student Council Secretary of the prestigious Hyakkaou Private Academy of Japan. May I speak to Brooklyn Henderson?"

[That's me. Whatcha need?]

Sayaka rolled her eyes as she hears the other line chewing some gums.

"I wanted to ask about a certain Tamara Edwards?" she asked the other line. "I saw your pictures with Miss Edwards online so maybe you can tell me what happened to her family?"

There's a loud silence on the other line.

"Uhm, hello?"

[Fuckin' stalker. You ain't getting anything from me. Fuck off.]

Sayaka gasped after hearing what the other line said to her. "How dare—" before she can even finish what she's saying, the other line hangs up on her.

"ARGHHHH!" she shouted and dialed another phone number.

[Hello?]

"Good evening. Is this Richard Alexander Montgomery V?"

[Yes, how can I help you?]

"This is Sayaka Igarashi, Student Council Secretary of the Prestigious Hyakkaou Private Academy of Japan."

[...Okay.]

"Can I ask you several questions, Mr. Montgomery?"

[...Sure.]

"Do you know a certain someone named Tamara Edwards?"

[...]

"Mr. Montgomery?"

[Tell her I'm sorry.]

"Sorry for what?"

He hangs up.

"Oh, c'mmon!"

She's been contacting everyone that may have connections to Tamara abroad for 6 hours now. The majority of them don't even answer her phone calls while the others hang up on them. She sighed before dialing a new number.

[Hello?]

"Good day, may I speak to Mrs. Gertrude Johnson?"

[You're speaking to her. What do you want?]

"Greetings, Mrs. Johnson. I am Sayaka Igarashi from the prestigious Hyakkaou Private Academy of Japan. I would like to ask if you know someone named Tamara Edwards?"

She heard grunting from the other line.

[That sanctimonious little witch...]

Sayaka balanced her phone on her shoulder and began writing in her notebook.

"It seems that you're not quite fond of her, Mrs. Johnson," she implied.

[Of course, I'm not! That bitch's the reason why I lost everything! My fucking job, my apartment, my husband, EVERYTHING! I don't wanna hear that bitch's name again! Have a great day—]

"I'll pay!"

[What?]

Sayaka sighed again and hold her phone in her hands. It's out of relief. She really hopes the other line will not hang up on her this time.

"I'll pay you if you tell me everything you know about Tamara Edwards. Name the price."

[...A hundred grand.]