Chapter 45: I Never Liked That Bitch

♣️♠️♦️♥️

Yumeko, Mary, Ryota, Itsuki, and Nanami are all gathered in front of the bulletin board.

"An Election?" Ryota asked. "Why now out of all times?"

Suddenly, the loudspeaker crackled to life, and the Student Council Election Committee Head, Runa Yomozuki's voice echoed across the school corridors.

"Good afternoon, Everybody!" Runa greeted enthusiastically. "Have you seen the bulletin boards yet?"

"Listen up because I'm about to explain what's written on the announcement," she started. "As you may have already known, our Academy will be having a Student Council Presidential Elections!"

"However, unlike the normal elections, this election will not involve tossing papers inside a ballot box!" she explained. "The elections will be solely decided through gambling!"

"All students are both a voter and a candidate," she continued. "You are free to gamble with whoever you want to gamble."

"The student who gathered the highest votes after 30 days will be hailed as the new Student Council President of the Hyakkaou Private Academy!" Runa announced. "Starting today, the Student Council Presidential Election begins!"

"Vote wisely!"

---

"Yumeko-senpai! This is your chance!" Itsuki cheered upon getting her chip. "This is your chance to fight the Student Council President and dethrone her!"

The group of friends has gathered once again after getting their election chips from the Election Committee Officers that are distributing them.

They had mixed emotions about the Elections. Itsuki is the only one that is happy with the announcement while Ryota and Nanami are still confused. Mary was skeptical while Yumeko shows no reaction.

"So those expensive cars on the parking lot and this Election are connected to each other," Mary concluded, her fingertips on her chin. "The are some rumors circulating about a bunch of weirdos transferring in the Academy today."

"From what I heard, their surnames all end with the suffix 'bami'."

"Bami?!" Ryota blurted. "Could it be..."

"Yes, the same suffix as the President's, Momobami."

"One of them is in my class too," Nanami added. "Totobami Yumi."

"Totobami?! That must be Edwards—I mean, Tamara-senpai's sister!" Itsuki figured.

"Yumeko," Mary called. "Your surname ends with 'bami' too. Do you know anything about this?"

"I supposed they are my distant relatives," Yumeko answered.

"Who could've thought that I'm related to Tamara-chan?" she chuckled. "Fate really likes to play with me."

"Technically, she's adopted. So no," Mary refuted. "Speaking of that dumbass, where the hell is she?"

They all looked for Tamara until they found her standing in front of the bulletin board that shows the bottom 100 of the school or the housepet list. She's frowning at the bulletin board with her right hand holding her housepet tag and the other holding her election chip.

"Hey, dumbass!" Mary shouted, trying to catch the attention of her friend. To no avail, her friend ignores her as her eyes are glued to the list in front of her.

The group had no choice but to approach her and look at what she was staring at. They search the list for Tamara's name but got surprised when they found out it was not there anymore. Jun Kiwatari is now the bottom 1st and the list goes on.