Chapter 19: In the village named Village

Author's Note: The photo above is the story's version of Amane Murasame and Jueri Arukibi. I based their character design on their light novel design but kept Amane's scar from the live-action.

♣️♠️♥️♦️

Tamara can't see anything but fire. It is so hot that she starts to suffocate.

"After all we've been through..."

She immediately turn her head when she heard a familiar voice. There she sees the Edwards family glaring at her. Zachariah's burnt body is holding a pillow while her Uncle John and Aunt Sarah both have bullet holes on their head with blood spilling from them.

"You let us die, T. You let me die!" A furious Zamantha hissed at her. Her skull is broken and parts of her brain are falling to the ground.

"N-No... P-Please... I-I tried, T... I-I'm sorry... I-I'm r-really sorry..."  Tamara starts sobbing.

"Why do you let them smother me to death, Tammy? I'm your little brother... How could you?!" Zachariah cried.

"I-It was t-too l-l-late, Zach... W-When I-I s-saw you... Y-y-you're already...gone... I'm sorry..."

"We treat you like a daughter of our own and this is how you repay us?!" her Uncle John grunted at her.

"How could you?!" her Aunt Sarah wailed. She wept her tears that's mixing with the blood coming from the bullet hole in her head.

"I-I'm sorry Uncle John... Aunt Sarah... Please stop... I-I'm sorry..."

All of them start to surround Tamara and all she can do is beg and cover her ears. They are all blaming her for their deaths.

"You're worthless!"

"A disappointment!"

"Weakling!"

"You should've died instead of us!"

"GAH!" Tamara blurted as she woke up from a terrible nightmare.

Her heart is still racing when she found out that she was still in her class. It's math class, the last class of the day, and all of them are looking at her.

"Edwards-san, you look pale. Are you alright?" her math teacher asked her worriedly. Tamara wanders her eyes around and swallowed hard. She's thinking of a good excuse for her sudden shouting in class.

"I-uh..." she gulped. "I'm fine, Ma'am."

"Are you sure? You're sweating and yelled out of nowhere," her teacher told her.

"I'm alright, Ma'am," she reassured. "Just stubbed my toe, that's all."

"Don't play around my class next time, okay?" the teacher advised her.

"Yes, Ma'am. I promise it would not happen again."

The teacher nods at her and returns to her table. She packed up her things and address the class. "Okay class, that's all for today. Don't forget to turn in your homework tomorrow. You're dismissed."