Chapter 2

It has been 4 months since that weekend meeting the Kings

It has been 4 months since that weekend meeting the Kings. I stay in touch with papa and mom as often as I can. However, with my busy schedule they know I cannot always stay in touch.

This morning I woke up and did a quick patrol before showering and headed to work. I had a fetal surgery I had to start off my day. As I walked into the hospital, I saw one of my favorite receptionist, Sharon. She was an older lady but she was so sweet. She always makes sure I have my morning coffees.

"Good morning Dr. Uley." Sharon said.

"Good morning, and please how many times do I have to tell you that you can call me Athena." I say with a sweet smile.

"Oh I know dear, but you worked so hard for your degrees, that you deserve to be called Dr."

"Well thank you Sharon. I appreciate it. If all goes well with my surgery, why don't we do lunch together in the cafeteria?" I ask.

"Take your time, but if you finish, I would love to join you." She says.

I nod and head up to my office.

Once I get inside, I locked my door and change quickly

Once I get inside, I locked my door and change quickly. I turn on some calming music to help me get ready for my procedure today. After 30 minutes, I have on my light pink scrubs and throw on my white coat, and head out for rounds to check on the residents to make sure they are during everything correctly and learning too.

As I leave my office, I head over to the nurses station. "Good morning Dr. Uley." Derek says.

"Good morning, Mr. Lang, how has everything been?" I asked.

"Pretty well. Everyone seems to be comfortable and no complaints so far. And your surgery is now getting started on prepping." He says.

"That is wonderful thank you. I am going to go check on the mother quickly"

I head over an to the room where my patient is. I knock on the door and her a faint "come in".

"Good morning momma. How are you and the baby feeling about today?" I ask.