Chapter 51

After Taylor came back things have been brighter for me even more

After Taylor came back things have been brighter for me even more. Having my bestfriend back is everything to me. I was happy for her and Paul working on the imprint bond.

After her date, she came home and told me all about it while he was on patrol. She told me how he is fine with taking it slow with her especially after what happened to her physically. Plus with the baby being due in April which is only about 2 and a half months, his only focus is her and making her happy. She voiced her concerns to him about his reputation and how she doesn't want to put her heart on the line if it's going to get crushed. Of course he assured her it wouldn't happen and he was all in just for her.

The next day was a long day at work. I had to see some regulars for their check ups and I had some new mommas coming today. I even had some kiddos to check out. Halfway through the day, Sam had texted me telling me to come to the house after work because there was something we needed to talk about.
I wonder if this is about Caleb. I know he got together with him yesterday but when I asked him he said it went fine and just wants me happy. I can tell he is hiding something from me but I do not know what it is. Oh well. I won't worry too much.

During my lunch, Sue came by needing to talk.
"Hey Athena how are you?" She asked.

"I am doing well. How about yourself?" I asked.

"I am good. I have some news for you." She said.

"The board got together and it looks like we will have 2 operation rooms done and ready for use by the beginning of March." She says.

"Oh Sue that is awesome. So what will that mean for me then?" I asked.

"Well, you wouldn't have to go to the hospital anymore for surgeries. You would be able to work here 4 days a week instead of 3 and traveling on the 4th day." She said.

"That is amazing! I look forward to that. I am honestly tired of going to that hospital." I say.

"I am sorry dear. I have been wanting to ask how you are but I know you are probably tired of that question." She says.

"I am but you can always ask me. You've been like a mother to me since I was a kid. But there are days I still really miss Carlisle and it makes me feel bad or guilty because I am seeing someone now. I mean it isn't official but still. Carlisle was everything to me and a bunch of my firsts." I say with a shrug pushing my food around.

Sue then leans up and grabs me hand and looks at me in a motherly way. "Athena, it is okay to still love and miss him. Everything is still fresh. There is nothing that says you have to be moved on by now. You are allowed to take as much time as you need. Everyone is different. But the important thing is, you need to talk about those feelings. It will help you heal and maybe help you move on." She says.

I begin to tear up and sniffle. "Sue, my heart aches for him. I know I am seeing Caleb but he is not Carlisle and he never will be. Does that make me a bad person for still missing Carlisle?" I asked.

"No. And do not let anyone tell you differently. Carlisle was a big part of your life. It is okay to still want him Athena." Sue says.

We continued talking until my next client showed up. Once I got back to work things seemed to go by quickly. By the end of the day I was tired. I wanted to go home, take a bath, and cuddle with my kids. As I was driving to Sam's I kept wondering what he needed to talk to me about. When I got to the house, I saw Emily pull in with the kids.

They ran up to me and Jasmine jumped into my arms while Jackson hugged my leg. Sam met us outside.

"Hey sis." He said.

"Hey. What's up? How come I needed to come here today?" I asked.

"Go look inside" he said.

I sat Jasmine down and walked in. I did not know what to expect. As I walked in I was shocked to see two figures sitting on the couch.

"Jasper, Rose" I say at a whisper.

"Hi mom" both of them said. I started to tear up and ran up to them giving them both a hug.

"Kids what are you doing here?" I asked.

"There is a lot we need to talk about. Something is not right but we do not know what it is." Jasper says.

"Wait. Is it just you two?" I asked curiously.

"Yes. We left the coven mom. That is how bad it is but we did not know where else to go and honestly we missed you." Rose said.

"How are you two even on La Push lands?" I asked.

"That would be because of me and your brother." Taylor said walking through the door.

I looked at them confused. "Why you?" I asked.

"Well I gave them both a bracelet that I enchanted to block their blood lust for the humans, and blocked their smell from the wolves so it doesn't bother them. At first I was mad they had the nerve to show their faces after what happened to you, but they explained everything to me and I did the spell for them." Taylor said.

"Thank you Taylor." I said hugging her.

"Well before we get deep into conversations, you both have a two special someones who would like to see you." I say. "Jasmine, Jackson come in here please." I yelled for them.

It wasn't long until the sound of four little feet run in. As soon as Jasmine saw them she squealed. "Jazzy and Rosie." She says running into Jaspers arms. Jackson stood by me shyly and nervously.

"Jackson, I would like for you to meet your very long great uncle Jasper Whitlock, and your aunt Rose. I know you've talked with them on the phone but now you can meet them." I tell him.

He looks up at me for permission to go over and I nod my head. He walks over and then engulfs Jasper in a hug.

"It is nice to finally meet you Jasper. You too Rose." He says moving over to hug her.

After our sweet moment we got up and was going to head to my place since there was a lot to talk about.

"Thank you Sam for this surprise." I say.

"Of course. They are allowed at your house anytime, but if they come over here I ask for a heads up or you to be with them." He tells me.

"Yeah no problem." I say.

With that we left and all I could able was how this was going to be a long night.