Chapter 34

The last couple days have not been okay for me

The last couple days have not been okay for me. Carlisle hasn't been at work and I have tried reaching out but he's never messaged or called me back. I tired not thinking into too much.

I've decided after work today that I am just going to go over and see what's going on. I can't do this anymore. Emily had Jasmine since she was doing her homeschooling. Once I got off work it was around 6:30. I jumped in my car and drove over to the Cullen's house.

When I got there all the lights where off. That's weird. I get the spare key and go inside and everything is wrapped up or empty. Did they leave? No. No. This cannot be happening. Carlisle wouldn't leave me. Right? I tried calming my breathing down as I continued to look through the house. When I made it to Carlisle's office, everything was neatly organized and his desk was cleaned off except for a pictures of me, Jasmine, and him.

By now the tears are rolling down my cheeks. I go into the room where Jasmine typically stayed. As I am looking around I see some of her stuff out of place. I go over and move it back and a letter falls out from between the wall and her toys.
It was addressed to me.

Dear mom,
By the time you get this, we will be gone. I don't even know what to say other than I am sorry this has happened. I am not happy about this at all and actually got into a fight with the family over it.

Edward came home the night of Bella's party saying we needed to leave. I didn't want to leave you nor did Jasper. I understand you will be mad, angry, hurt, and betrayed. But please know that Jasper and I fought so hard to not leave you. We love you too much to want to leave you or Jasmine.

Carlisle thought it was dangerous for you and Jasmine to be around us and he is convinced that since Jasmine was triggered that night, that she will be scared of all of us. Which is bullshit.

More than likely he never came and told you we were leaving. Which I think is a dick move and we shouldn't be leaving anyways. You may not want to but Jasper and I will be looking forward to hearing from you if you want to message us. If you don't want to because you are too mad then I understand. Just know that we love you so much momma.

-Rosalie.

Tears are rolling down my cheeks and I see there's another note.

Hi momma,
If you are reading this then sadly we are gone. I am so sorry I was the reason we had to leave. If I could've gotten control then we would've been here still and you wouldn't be heart broken. Please forgive me. I'm trying to remember what you told me but it is so hard to not feel at blame.

Don't let Jasmine forget me please. She my little niece and I love her to pieces. I just hope I didn't scare her too bad to be terrified of me.

I am also sorry for how Carlisle handled things. I tried getting him to talk to you but he wouldn't do it. Please don't hate me momma. You and Jasmine are the only ones who fully treat me normal. But I understand if you are mad at me.

Just know that I love you so much.

-love your son, Jasper.

I finally break down into sobs on the floor. It feels like I'm being ripped apart. After all this time of Carlisle and I being together I didn't get a goodbye. Did I do something to not deserve one? Was I not worth it anymore? was I not worth a fight? Did I not love him enough? Did he not love me at all? Did Jasmine and I not make him happy?

So many questions were running through my mind. For a few hours I just sat there staring at the wall. Broken. Shattered. Betrayed. Used.

This is going to break Jasmines heart and I am going to have to be strong for them. Before I even head to Sam's to tell him about the Cullen's leaving I called Sue.

(Sue speaking bold, Athena- regular)

"Hello?"

"Hi Sue, it's Athena. Hey scratch my original terms. I will work 4 days a week at the clinic the 4th being at the hospital. If the board agrees to that, tell them I want 5000 added to what Forks is currently giving to me. If they do so I will start in 2 weeks." I tell her.

"I will contact the board and see what I can do." She says and hangs up.

I finally gain enough strength and get up to head to La Push. It's dark by the time I get there and I see the boys are standing outside headed towards the house.

"The Cullen's are gone." I say.

"I know." Sam says. I snap my head towards him.

"What?" I say I'm anger.

"I said I know. They stopped at the treaty line and told us." He says.

I let out a dry chuckle of course they'd tell them and not me.

"That's just great." I say dryly and go to turn around and head to get Jasmine.

"Athena wait. Why are you so upset? I thought you knew?" Sam said.

"Does it fucking look like I know? I just got off a long as day of work and had to drive over to my imprints house to find it empty. Not only that but find two notes from Rose and Jasper apologizing for the fact that Carlisle didn't fucking tell me." I say getting ready to break down and cry again but I refused. I was going to be strong and not let him break me. At least that is what I told myself.

So instead, I walk away from the boys and go break the news to Jasmine. I don't even speak to Emily and go upstairs to where she is playing.

"Hey Jasmine can you come here please." I say. She stops playing and comes and sits on my lap.

"Princess, I have some bad news. The Cullen's left their home and won't be coming back." I say softly.

"Why did daddy leave?" She says starting to tear up.

"I don't know baby. I just know he is gone." I tell her.

"Is it because I'm a freak and caught fire at their house? Does he not want me because I'm a freak? Does he not love us anymore mommy?" She says crying now.

I am trying to hard to hold it together for my little girl. "You are not a freak Jasmine. This is not your fault. But we will get through this together okay? Because mommy loves you and I will never leave you okay? If they are mean enough to leave and not tell us, then they don't deserve our tears okay princess?" I say to her.

"Okay mommy. Please don't leave me." She says latching onto me.

"I will never leave you princess"

Meanwhile, Emily and the boys are down stairs listening to a heart broken omega tell her daughter that half of her family has left them. Sam is beyond pissed at Carlisle and wanting to rip him apart while Jared and Paul are heart broken that their mother figure is hurting when she didn't deserve this.