Chapter 66

She's alive

She's alive. What? How? Why is she here of all places?!

"Mi amore" I say softly

"No. It's not going to be that simple Carlisle. Not after everything you've done." She says.

"Athena you don't understand. He was going to hurt you." I say.

I go to take a step closer. A little boy steps in front of her.

"That's close enough fucker." He growls causing the kings to smirk and the guards as well.

"Jackson. Sweetie it's okay." Athena tells him. He goes over and stands in front of Jasmine and she wraps her arms around him.

"Jasmine please." I beg her too.

"No. you left me and mommy. You didn't want us anymore and that broke my heart. You made me think it was my fault you left. I was heart broken and cried for months blaming myself for you leaving and blaming myself for mommy being hurt. During all of this Jacob imprinted on me, tried to kill me by throwing me into the ocean and tried attacking me again by phasing on purpose. Thankfully mommy broke that bond and I have Jarebear now who saved me, but I needed my daddy.  And you weren't there when I needed you. You promised to always be there and you lied. You lied daddy." She says crying now.

My dead heart was breaking seeing her like this and new she was hurting and completely right. All I could do is put my head down.
"I'm sorry." I say to them softly.

Soon Athena walks down to me.
"Show me everything." She says holding her hand out. I placed mine in hers and showed her everything from the night of Bella's birthday.

As I pulled away she looked at me with sad eyes.
"I understand you were in a difficult position but you should've talked to me Carlisle. I was your fiancé and your mate. Because of what you done this is what has happened to me." She says placing her hand back in mine and showing me her memories.

The endless nights of crying, the blame, the hurt, her trying to move on, and last but not least, her getting attacked by Caleb. As she pulled away I couldn't help the low growl that came from my chest when she pulled away after showing me Caleb hurting her.

"I needed you Carlisle and you weren't there either. You should have never let Edward have control like he did. I understand you did not want to be the reason I was hurt but I have more resources behind me." She says.

"Why didn't you tell me about the Volturi?" I asked.

"I was going to soon but you left before I could even say anything. Being princess of Volturi away from Volturi could put a target on my back and whoever is around me. I wanted to make sure things between us were good. When I was getting ready to tell you, Bella came around, the nomads, and other bullshit. But that isn't the point of all of this. In the end, you should have come to me instead of letting your fear control you." She says.