Chapter 35

I did not get much sleep

I did not get much sleep. Jasmine cried her eyes out until I let her sleep with me. She was afraid I would leave her too. I was actually glad to have her snuggling into me all night.

Around 3 in the morning I got up and went to the bathroom and started crying. After everything and laying in bed thinking, I ended up breaking myself because of the negative thoughts. I curled up on the bathroom floor and just let the tears fall. I probably looked pathetic but I couldn't help it.

I loved Carlisle with everything in me. I gave him my everything and all I get in return his him leaving with no notice. The longer I laid there and kept thinking I ended up getting pissed.

How could he do this to me? To Jasmine? He fucking left without a goodbye. Walked away from our engagement like it meant nothing. Like I meant nothing.

I finally pulled myself up off the floor and washed my face. I went back and crawled in bed next to Jasmine. I pulled her close to me.

When I woke up, it was by the sound of my phone ringing. I reached over and grabbed it seeing that it was Sue.

"Hello"

"Hi Athena. I wanted to call you and let you know the Board agreed to your terms. The hospital is aware now of you stepping over here due to having to ask if you can be there on Thursdays. We have also matched your current salary and actually added 7000 to that instead of 5000."

"Wow. Sue that is great. I am looking forward to starting. I will not be able to start for 2 weeks. I am taking a leave due to some things going on so I will start in two weeks."

"That works perfect. We looked forward to having you." She says and then hangs up.

I then call into the hospital and tell them after today will be my last day in the office. I explained I needed 2 weeks to take a break from medicine and before stepping into this other job. They were understanding as always.

When I was getting up and ready for work, Jasmine started waking up. I got her up and fed before taking her to Emily's. As I was dropping her off she started to cry.

"Mommy please don't go. I don't want you leaving me too." She says latching onto me. My heart was breaking again.

"Princess look at mommy." I tell her and she does. "I have to go to work only for today and then you get 2 weeks of my undivided attention." I say.

"Really? 2 weeks." She says.

"Yes princess. Mommy is taking 2 weeks off of work to spend time with you. So can you let me go just for today and I will be home at 5 oclock."

"You promise mommy?" She asks still teary eyed.

"I promise." I say giving her a kiss on the head.

Sh hugs me tighter. "I love you mommy"

"I love you my princess" I say.

I got in my truck and headed to work. When I got there everyone was looking at me with pity. They must know of Carlisle leaving. Most of the day I made it without people talking about it especially since I didn't take my ring off. An hour before I went home one of those bimbo nurses came up to me.

"So I heard Carlisle got a better offer and left." She says.

"Yes he did and so did I. We decided to do what is best for our families and kids. Not that it is any of your business." I say.

"Where are you going? No one said you were leaving too." She said.

"What's it matter if I leave? We don't get along. Besides I will still be here once a week for surgeries. So you still get to see me." I say with a fake smile.

She rolls her eyes and walks away. Bitch. Thankfully still having my ring one has helped me with people not asking questions. However, I don't know how much longer I am going to wear it.

After I got off work I went to my truck. I decided to text Jasper and Rose know I am not mad at them. I decided to text Rose first.

Athena: Rose, I got your note. First off thank you for having the decency and enough love in your heart for me to tell me that you were leaving. Even if it was after you left. I wanted to personally tell you I am not upset with you. I still see you as my daughter even if you are no longer in my life. I will always remember you and hope you have a wonderful life. Keep in touch if you want to. I love you.
-mom

After I sent that text I then messaged Jasper.
Athena: my dear boy, it breaks my heart to think you feel like I have blamed you for this. If you do anything, please know that I don't blame you Jasper. You my son have no reason to feel bad. I don't know if I'll ever see you again but I hope you stay in touch. I appreciate the letter and letting me know about you leaving. I may need some time to get through the heart break of my imprint/fiancé leaving me but I will be fine. Don't worry about me or Jasmine. She misses you already. Anytime you want to see her or talk to her just let me know. I love you my son.
-mom

By the time I finished and sent both texts I was crying again. There's no doubt I would miss my kids even if they weren't mine.

I finally pull myself together and head home. As I pulled up to Sam and Emily's, Jasmine ran out to me.
"Mommy you came home" she says hugging me.

"Of course I did baby. I told you I'd never leave you." I say picking her up and holding her close.