Chapter 10

That night I went to bed crushed

That night I went to bed crushed. I had texted Rose to see if she'd wanna babysit Jasmine for me since they didn't start school yet. Of course she said yes and I told her I'd drive to the house tomorrow and drop her off.

That morning I get Jasmine and everything ready. She seemed excited to spend the day with them. As I pulled up Rose was already outside waiting for Jasmine. Once Jasmine saw her she got excited and they both went inside. After making sure they were both inside Carlisle pulled me into a hug knowing something was wrong.

"You okay? You don't seem like your normal self." He says.

I let out a sigh and put my head against his chest and begin telling him what happened after I went home last night. He felt terrible and like it was his fault this was happening.

"I mean I understand the natural enemies and all but damn. And for Sam to just stand there and do nothing shocked me. We've never had a fight like but she's my daughter first. Did I do that right thing?" I ask.

"I can't say yes or no on kicking them off your property, but you did do the right thing on letting them know Jasmine is your daughter and you'll be making the decisions. No one else. I am sorry that this happened. I can't help but feel it is still my fault." He says.

"Honey, I promise it isn't your fault okay? Don't blame yourself for them being dicks." I say.

We go back inside and I see the girls already playing. Jasper is even playing with her too. Her and I are the only humans he can be around without blood lust but then again I'm not really human and neither is she.

"Okay princess. Mama has to go to work."

"Is ou gon come back?" She asked nervously.

"Yes my sweet girl. Mama will be back after work. Rose and Jasper are gonna play with you all day! And guess what?"

"Wat?" She asks.

"They never get tired so play your heart out."

"Yay!" She says.

"Alright give mama a hug and kiss."

She runs up and gives me a big hug and kiss then goes back to playing.

On my way to work I decided to give papa a call. (Papa, Athena)
"Hello"

"Hi papa"

"Hi my sweet girl. How's your and little Jasmine doing."

"We are good. I'm actually call with some news. I uh met my imprint."

"Oh do tell."

"He's a vampire and has a coven that just moved here to Forks. It's Carlisle Cullen."

The phone was silent. I started to get worried. "Papa?"

"Yes sorry I'm here. I should warn you Carlisle used to be a part of the Volturi until he left wanting to live a different life than your uncles and I."

"Oh okay. Umm are you mad that it's him who's my imprint?"

"No Athena I'm not. Carlisle is a good guy. So if I were to pick a vampire good enough for you he'd be the closest."

"Well that's good. I also may have figured out why the Whitlock name sounds familiar to you. Carlisle has an adopted vampire son named Jasper Whitlock. The major from the confederate army. So now Jasmine has at least one blood family member left even though he has no blood in him" I say causing us to chuckle.

"Well sweetie I need to go soon. If you want to tell Carlisle you know about us you can or you can wait. It's completely up to you. Keep in touch."

"Okay papa I will" I say hanging up.

As I got to work Carlisle met me at my door and walked in with me holding my hand. "You know I like you walking in with me that way these stuck up nurses understand you are not available." I say.

"Not available huh? I'd like to have a date first before I'm claimed Uley." He says with a smirk.

"Oh well, better get to planning Cullen because I'm not about to wolf out on some bimbo who wants in your pants"

"Such a jealous little mate."

"More like possessive aggressive omega." I say. Both of us were laughing.

I stopped by to see Sharon real quick to get my coffee she always had for me. "Well well I see the newbie has taken a liking to you." She says.

"Yea I guess he has." I say looking over at Carlisle smiling at me. "Alright well I gotta get to my office and get ready for my busy day." I say walking over and grabbing his hand dragging him away from some nurse flirting with him.

I pull him into my office and as the door shuts, he spins me around me pushes me against the door. "Go on a date tomorrow night with me mi amor". He starts to lean closer to me.

"Yes sounds perfect." I say and he goes to lean closer but I move over and kiss his cheek and go under his arm to get out of his hold. I giggle looking at his frustrated state.

"You my handsome imprint get to kiss me after you take me on a date. Then you can kiss me in each other's office, make others jealous, and act like young and dumb people falling for each other and not being able to keep our hands off each other." I say.

"Oh mi amor, after this date you are going to wish you never said that. I'll be driving you crazy." He says.

"Game on Cullen."

"Oh yes game on Uley."

The rest of the day went by slower than expected. Nothing too big happened. Just typical check ups and consolations. I missed having Jasmine here because I would come and see her during my breaks. I texted Rose to see how she was doing and Rose informed me Jasmine has the boys waiting on her hand and foot. I guess she lives up to her princess name and has the boys as her servants.

At the end of my shift Carlisle and I got in our cars and headed home. I ate there spending some time with the rest of family then took Jasmine home for the night.