Chapter 49

It is now the day after Taylor came home

It is now the day after Taylor came home. She had asked all of us to not let her father or Bella know she is back. She explained how she didn't want to see them and of course we all understood. It's a sad joking game between us three of having dads who don't like us.

Athena was working today and Taylor and Paul were having their date. I hope things work out for those two because she will be a good match for Paul calming him down while he is a strong support for her.

I was meeting with Caleb today. I did know him from high school and I couldn't stand this guy. He was a dick. Never cared about any girl, he only wanted in their pants and then dipped. I have kept my opinions of myself because everyone can change so maybe he has. I promised Athena I would be nice and start fresh. Lets just hope my alpha wolf doesn't come out in over protectiveness of his sister.

I told Athena to have Caleb meet me at the coffee shop they went to at 10am this morning so that is where I am headed now. As I get there, I go up and order a cup of coffee and wait for him to arrive.
After a few minutes he walks in.

Before he even says hello I can already tell this guy is bad news. He walks in here like he's owns the place. I am never one to judge someone on how they dress but my gosh this is ridiculous. He looks like he just stepped out of college with his khaki shorts, polo shirt, with white Nike socks and shoes.

Oh Athena what do you see in this dude.
"What's up Sam. Haven't seen you since high school dude." He says. Dude. What the hell.

"Yes it has been a while hasn't it." I say back.

He goes up and gets his coffee and comes and sits down and we begin to talk. "Look I'm just going to get straight to the point. Athena is still my everything. My little sister. She's already been hurt and doesn't need to go through it again. So are you going to be serious about my sister? Or are you going to treat her like you did those girls in high school?" I ask feeling my wolf scratching out.

"I was a dick in high school and honestly even college. But Athena has been the one person I haven't been like that towards. She's funny, smart, passionate about her job, and beyond beautiful. I wouldn't dream of hurting her." He says.

As he's talking I can hear his heart rate increase. That throws a red flag to me. So I decide to test it. "So you won't pressure her into being physical? You'll let the relationship go at her own pace?" I asked.

As I asked that question his heart rate increased even more. Oh hell no. This shit ain't happening.

"No. She's already told me she wants to take it slow and I respect that. She just got out of a relationship 5 to 6 months ago so I don't want to rush her and push her away." He says. I just nod my head.

"And how do you feel about her having two adopted kids?" I ask.

"That doesn't bother me at all. They both had shitty upbringings from the little Athena has told me so I'm glad she was able to give them a safe place to live and grow up." He says. Well at least that statement wasn't a lie.

We kept talking a little longer and I kept getting an uneasy feeling from him. I don't like it and I don't trust him. But do I tell Athena this or just have to let her learn this lesson on her own? She's been so unhappy lately and now she's smiling again and happy about Caleb. I don't know if I should support it or just say I do but watch carefully from the sidelines incase he tries to pull anything.

After I left I went home. Emily was baking some cookies when I walked into the kitchen. "Hi love" I say kissing her scars.

"Hello my wolf. How'd it go?" She asked. I let out a huff and sat down at the table putting my head in my hands.

"I don't trust him. Something doesn't feel right about him either. I asked him some questions and thanks to my super hearing his heart rate spiked. I honestly think he's only with Athena to get into her pants and then leave like he's done before. He's always had a thing for her and now that Carlisle is gone I'm afraid he is going to us her vulnerability against her. I'm really afraid he's going to say "I love you and if you love me too then show me" just to get in bed with her and if that happens I will fucking kill him. My sisters heart is to not be messed with like it was before. She doesn't deserve a toxic guy. She deserves her imprint and fucking Cullen just had to leave. So I'm going to be that over protective brother but behind the curtains. I'll have the boys help keep an eyes on her and him that way if something happens they can step in and handle it." I finish saying to her.

Emily sits down next to me and holds my hands. "You are a good brother. I know you got distracted with patrols, the red head, and spending more time with me and I can't help but feel like that's my fault. I know it's not but she's always had you and then going through this break up out a wedge between you two. However, as much as I hate to say it, you are probably right and doing the right thing by staying behind the scenes and being there if and when she needs you and letting her see for herself what kind of guy he is." Emily says.

I nod my head. The rest of the day went by quickly. Before I left for patrol I filled the boys in and what is to happen now and they are all for it. Paul also told me his date with Taylor went fantastic and she wants to give him a chance. Of course I took the older brother role again and threatened him to not mess with this girls heart because she was another sister to me. Not just some girl he can mess around with and leave when he's tired.

Of course he said he wouldn't do that to her and is wanting to give this imprint bond a shot.

During patrol all I could think about was Athena and Caleb. I really hope she sees through his bullshit because I can't stand to see my sister hurt again over a fucking douche bag.