Chapter 42

After several hours of traveling we are now back in La Push

After several hours of traveling we are now back in La Push. The kids had a wonderful time and kept going on and on about it.

Time skip
It is now a week before Christmas. The closer to Christmas the harder it is for me to stay in a good mood. I have barely talked to Sam or Emily since I have been back. Jared and Paul both check on me and help with the kids as much as possible.

I try my best to keep a happy face or the kids but I think it has started to be noticed by them I am not sure.
Right now I working on some paperwork a home since I did not have any clients today. The kids are home from school watching cartoons with Paul.

As I am working I hear a knock on the door. I get up and see Sam and he does not look happy.

"Hey what's up." I say walking back inside.

"Hey what's up? That is all I get?" Sam say getting mad.

"Sam not now."

"No we are doing this now." He says.

I looked over at Paul and gave him a look to take the kids out of here. Once they were gone Sam started again.

"Why haven't you been coming around? Why aren't you talking to me Athena? This isn't you. Just snap out of it." Sam say raising his voice.

"Snap out of it?! REALLY?! You think I haven't fucking tried that? I am trying HARD to be happy for my kids and be the mother that I can be but deep inside I want to curl up and cry my eyes out. You want to know why I cannot be around you right now? Is that what you want?" I asked getting mad.

"Yes." He says firmly.

I take a deep breath and just finally let it all out.
"I am fucking heart broken. Anytime I come over to your place it feels like a knife into my heart. Seeing you with your imprint makes me envy you because you get to have love and happiness. Me? My imprint/fiancé fucking left me without any notice. On top of that, my wedding was suppose to be in 7 days." I say and my voice cracks. "And now that is not happening. I have that damn dress, that fucking ring, and those fucking decorations here and all it does is remind me that those I love the most will always abandon me. And I am waiting for you to be next." I say.

"Athena. That is insane. Why would I leave you?" He says.

"Because you have your imprint and you have already slowly started anyways. You may not notice but you have. It has taken you this long to finally realize something is wrong with me and that I am not okay. I am emotionally and mentally broken Sam. And on top of all of this shit I am dealing with mentally and emotionally, how am I suppose to be a good mother to these kids when I have fucking daddy and mommy issues and just wanting to be loved! Huh?! You are doing just fine all happy and in love while I am over here feeling like I am fucking drowning Sam. And all I want is to be loved. To have someone choose me. To have someone want me. To be good enough. To be a good mother. Why is that so much to ask for?" I say finally breaking and letting a sob out. "There. That is why I am distant, that is why I cannot snap out of it." I say walking away to my room.