Chapter 7

It has been a long day and I have to go home and meet the new shifter

It has been a long day and I have to go home and meet the new shifter. Apparently Sam had some big news too.

I am not paying that much attention and I go to pick Jasmine up from daycare. As I am walking I dump into someone. As soon as I met his eyes everything freezes. Shit I just imprinted and damn he is beautiful. I soon pull out of my trance and quickly apologize.

"Oh I am so sorry. I was not watching were I was walking."

"It's perfect fine. No harm done." He says.

I get lost in his eyes again then I hear a sweet voice.
"Mommy!" I look to see Jasmine running towards me.

"Oh hi princess." I say kissing her cheek.

"Again I am so sorry for bumping into you. Maybe I will see you around." I say as I walk away I stop. "I didn't catch your name."

"Carlisle"

"Athena" I say and take Jasmine to the car. I am still feeling a buzzing feeling from imprinting. "You ready to see uncle Sammy? There is someone new you get to meet today too."

As I am driving home I play some music for her and I hear her trying to sing along. We pulled up to the Sam's house and he walked out to get his niece.
"Uncle Sammy"

"Well hello puppy. Did you have a good day?" He asks,

"Yes, I pwayed wit toys, and took a nap too."

"Oh I wish I could have taken a nap." He says taking her out of her car seat and walking inside. But then he stops.

"Athena, why do you smell leech?" He says.

"Okay ouch, half leech here. And I don't know? I was so tired and distracted leaving today I could've run into one?"

We go inside and I take Jasmine over to her play area in the living room.
"So how did it go today?" I asked.

"Pretty good meeting with the Cullen's, but after that is when it got interesting. I went to tell all the elders the meeting went fine, and when I got to Harry's Leah and Emily were inside. While I was waiting for Harry, I uhh, I imprinted on Emily."

"Oh shit" I said only loud enough for Sam to hear. "What did Harry say?"

"He isn't mad. He understands that we have no control over our imprints."

"Well that is good. I imprinted today too as I was going to pick up Jasmine, I bumped into this guy and imprinted on him. He was gorgeous."  I say.

"Did you get his name?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, Carlisle."

Sam started to growl. I was confused for a second. "What is something wrong?" I ask getting concerned.

"You imprinted on the leech leader of the Cullen Coven." 

"Again half leech here bro. But oh my gosh. Now that explains his features and why I smelt like a vampire when I got here. I was still feeling the imprint buzz as I was leaving and never placed he was a vampire." I say. "Are you mad that I imprinted on another vampire?" I ask nervously.

"I am not mad at you because you have no control over it, just did not expect you to imprint on one I guess." Sam says.

We continued to talk while I began making dinner for us and the new shifter. It wasn't long until he came knocking on the door. 
"Hey Jared come on in." Sam says.  Sam brings him over to me. "Hi. Im Athena, Sam's twin."

"Hi it is nice to meet you. Not to sound rude or whatever, but you do not smell like a leech." He said confused.

"Ahh yes, that is because my wolf side is my more dominate side. So I have features like a vampire but I am more wolf than vampire. I only require a little bit of blood one a week. Why don't you both get your food while I grab Jasmine."  I say.  I walk over to see her still playing. "Baby it's time for dinner."

"Otay mommy." She says giving me grabby hands wanting to be held.

We walk into the kitchen and Jasmine looks over at Jared. He smiles at her. "Hi Jasmine. I'm Jared."

"H-hi Jawed" she says. She is still struggling with pronouncing letters and that is okay. We are working on it.

We continued to eat and talk. Jared and Jasmine ended up playing a lot after dinner. "She is going to have a lot of pack brothers huh?" I ask Sam.

"Yes she will. She will probably be the most protected little girl in La Push." He says.

My mate

My mate. I met her. She is beautiful. Absolutely stunning. She had a daughter that couldn't be any older than 2 maybe. As I am driving home I am wrapped up in my mind about Athena. Her voice, her eyes, that smile, the way she lit up when her daughter came running towards her. She was perfect. I could feel nothing but motherly love and peace coming off of her.

I walk inside and I don't even notice everyone sitting in the living room. I go straight to my office and drop everything off. I then go back downstairs and walk into the kitchen to grab a cup of blood that we have if we do not want to hunt. As I am leaning against the counter I am brought out of my train of thought when I see my sister and kids looking at me with concern.

"Are you okay?" Esme asks. 

"Yeah. I just met my mate actually. So beautiful. Has the cutest little girl. But she did not have a blood scent. She smelt like lavender and fresh fallen rain. Her little girl smelt like roses. She didn't have a blood smell either. It was weird. I have never seen or heard of someone not having a blood scent before." I say. I start smiling thinking about them again.

"Wow, dad's already smitten over his mate." Emmett says. 

"Oh shut it. Please lets all remember how you were with Rosalie when you woke up." I say.

All of us laugh and I couldn't stop thinking about her and hoping to see her again.