Chapter 68

The next morning, I was woken up by Jasmine crawling into my bed

The next morning, I was woken up by Jasmine crawling into my bed. She got under the covers and snuggled close.

"Momma." She says.

"Yes baby?"

"Is..is it wrong for me to be missing daddy?" She asked starting to sniffle.

"No princess. It is not wrong because momma misses him too. So much more than anyone realizes." I tell her kissing the top of her head.

"Will we ever be a family again?" She asked.

At that question I thought my heart was going to stop. Would we ever be a family again? Would Carlisle and I ever get back together?
"Well princess, I am not sure about that. I don't want daddy to hurt you, Jackson, or even me again. Momma wants to make sure he will want to keep us this time." I tell her softly.

"I just miss him so much momma." She says fully crying now.

"I know baby. I do too. I do too." I tell her pulling her closer.

We both feel back asleep and I dreamt of him. We were happy and so in love. Maybe we could have that again. Who knows.

It has now been a few days since I came back to forks

It has now been a few days since I came back to forks. Esme and Klaus have come back too. To say things have been tense between my sister and I are an understatement. I have been trying to stay calm and not snap at her but today I just could not do it anymore.

"Carlisle they are family. Why can't you just let them back in? They apologized and want to fix things." She says to me.

"Esme, sis I love you I do but no. Edward and Alice have manipulated all of us. Alice has been lying to Jasper about being mates this whole time, and Edward has threatened to not only hurt Athena, but Jasmine and Rosalie as well. All because he wants to take out the Volturi and use Athena! I am done with Edward thinking he can do whatever he wants and not face those consequences. Esme you will not change my mind on this. If you do not like it you can leave this coven and never return but I am no longer going to let my other family members get hurt because two want to use everyone else to try and take over to be rulers. Which might I add will not work since Athena is on the Volturi side. So this conversation is over. I have more important things to do." I tell her.

"Like what? What is more important than this family?" She asks.

I snapped my head around to her.
"Trying to restore my relationship with my mate who I want to make my family too! I want to marry my mate and be with her forever and have Jasmine and Jackson to raise together. But I was too much of a coward and ran away. How would you like it if it was you and Klaus that Edward broke apart? To be told all the time they want to kill your mate and turn them into the Volturi so they won't exist anymore. Really think about the hurt you would feel being away from him and imagine the thought of him dying. I broke Athena because I let my fear get the best of me. So now I have to bust my ass off to even get her to give me even a second of her time. That is what is more important. I have to do this as facing my consequence for not sticking up for her. Is that really a problem? Is it? I am broken Esme. I ruined the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am trying to fight for her before it is completely too late. I do not want to live in a world where Athena is not mine anymore. She is my everything, the love of my life, and my reason for existing or simply wanting to keep existing." I say getting frustrated.

She let's out a sigh and sits down on the couch next to me and put her arm on my back.
"You are right. I am sorry. I never considered if it was Klaus and I that were pushed apart. I'll support you in this. And I am so sorry I left you during that time away while you were hurting." She says pulling me into a hug.

"It's okay. You wanted to travel and get some alone time. I don't blame you for wanting that. Just...how do I even begin to win her back?" I ask my sister placing my head in my hands just wanting Athena back already.

"A lot of patients. It will take time but you have to decide if waiting is wroth it. But maybe start by sending flowers to her work? I know she doesn't work at the hospital anymore so maybe send them to the clinic? With a note or something?" She suggests.

"Yeah I could start there." I say getting up and walking to my office to start making plans.

I spend the rest of the evening contacting the local flower shop to set up a daily delivery to Athena's clinic or her home for when she is not work. Every morning, the lady said to call her and tell her what to leave on the note since I want it to be different every day. I really hope this works because I cannot live without this woman anymore. I miss my girls and want to include Jackson into this family. I can already tell it will be hard to win him over so maybe I can think of something for him as well to get him to see I really do love Athena and want them. It is just going to take a while but I will wait as long as she needs me to wait. I just hope she gives me one more chance....