Chapter-4 Who were they?

Obito sat still. Ever since he found out what the mist did, he tried his hardest to think of his past and memories. He thought his efforts were working, he remembered his time when he was on a team, he remembered Rin.

But maybe after a week (month?) Obito was taken out of his cell the ring still attached to him, but not the chain. It had been a while since he walked, he stumbled.

The man that was taking him out of the cell had a mask on, it was hard to tell if this was the smiling man or not.

It felt like a long walk. Obito not once saw a window, if there was a window, it was merely to another room, not to the outside.

Finally he was thrown into a room. Obito gasped in pain and held himself up from falling completely.on the floor. Blood dripper from his stomach. Obito stumbled and stood up and leader against the wall.

Wherever he was, he was in some sort of interrogation room. Obito's tried to study his surroundings, but his eyes were watering from the light.

Being stuck in a dark room, has it's drawbacks. If there was a shadow in the room, Obito could see whatever was in it with ease, but the light made his eyes blurry.

It must have been only a couple of minutes when a Women walked in. She had a smile that crushed her eyes. Obito stared warily at the women. "Please, sit down. I need to talk to you." Obito was silent but listened.

Not much else he could have done anyway. He sat uncomfortably in the chair. The women's smile faded and she looked through papers. "I need to ask you questions." Obito was silent.

The women reached out for Obito's throat. Obito didn't move, no, he wanted to. But he just couldn't. Then it's like mucus that was clogging his throat for who knows how long was finally gone.

Obito held his throat, it was sore, but better. "You can now speak. But I wouldn't suggest speaking on your own terms." Obito caught the threat in the women's sentence. Had you not been paying attention, you would have thought she was offering flowers.

Her voice was soft and kind. But it was clear, this women was not Obito's friend. "You are an Uchiha, are you not?" Obito was quiet. "Yes." Obito's voice cracked but he didn't feel embarrassment. She nodded. "What happened to your other eye?" Obito thought for a moment.

Obito's eyes furrowed. "I don't remember." The women smiled, seemingly genuine for once. "I'm sorry to hear that." There was enthusiasm in the women's voice. "I have a deal, to propose to you." Obito looked at the women. "You can keep your voice, but you cannot speak unless spoken to." She smiled and put a finger on her lips.

Obito thought for a moment. "Yes. I accept." The women nodded. "Thank you for your time." Obito stayed still. "He didn't like the terms of this whole speaking thing, but it was better than not being able to speak at all.

The women left the room taking the files with her. The smile that stretched from ear to ear on the women's face didn't fade. But unlike the mans, it was genuine. "What made her so happy?" Obito turned his head, he heard talking in the room next to him. He put his head on the wall to eavesdrop.

Most of the sentences were mumbled but he heard enough. "Medi____ __orked!" A women's voice called out. She was responded with an older sounding man. "Wo__d__ful. Inc___se dosage." The women had the same tone as before. "Ye_ sir."

Obito could only guess that the mist was this so called 'medicine'. "What kind of medicine makes people forget things? More like a poison." Obito turned his head, he heard footsteps. He backed away from the wall and sat back down.

"The mist was some sort of prototype?" That definitely bothered Obito, not only had they been treated as dogs, they were also experiments.

The smiling man came in. "Come." The man no longer had a smile. His face, if anything, looked angry. Obito nodded and quickly followed the man. Last thing he wanted was his voice to be taken away again. They went to the dark room. But he didn't go in his familiar cell. He went to one nearer to the back. The man pushed Obito in and locked the cell.

This cell was different. It had walls surrounding the entire room. They weren't bars like the last one he was in. It was sealed tight. "What are they trying to do?" Obito's eyes furrowed. He kept feeling around the room until he finally gave up.

"Was this where kids who could talk go to?" Obito blinks as he smells the familiar pungent smell. Except it was way stronger. "The guy asked for higher dosage didn't he? That must be why." The idea of higher dosage made Obito extremely nervous. That means he will forget things a lot faster. "Him losing his eye must have been important right?"

Obito thoughts were racing but as soon as he breathed in the strange mist, everything slowed down. His body was still aware but his mind felt blank. He leaned against the wall for support and just accepted the mist. Now that the walls were walls, he was probably receiving a higher dosage than any of the kids in the room. 

Obito took a long sigh after the mist finally dissapated. The mist clung to his skin and the inside of his nose and mouth. It didn't taste like anything, that's definitely something to be thankful for.

You'd think because it smelled so bad, it would taste just the same.

Obito rubbed his temples he had a headache. He doesn't know what he forgot. But it was definitely clear that he had forgotten something. With that much mist it would be a miracle that he remembered everything. But Obito is Obito, miracles don't happen to him.