Chapter 50- Sasuke Uchiha

The day has passed. And to Obito's dismay it was midday. Obito took the long way when he went to the training ground he made sure nobody who knew him saw him go. He wasn't up to having conversations with people who get sentimental at the sight of him.

Obito arrived at the sound of a very heavy sigh. Obito didn't really have to investigate to find out who it is, it was Sasuke.

Sasuke's eyes widened at the sight of Obito.

"Finally! You took forever!" Obito looked towards the sky, it wasn't even 20 minutes past midday.

"By like twenty minutes." Sasuke stood stunned. "So you were late on purpose?!" He stomped on the ground but he quickly regained his composure.

Sasuke crossed his arms. "It's whatever, just train me now would you?"

Obito sighed. "fine." Obito rolls his eyes at how dramatic this Uchiha is.

Obito took off the pouch that was wrapped around his leg and dumped out its contents. It was an arrangement of ninja tools.

"How about the first thing you do is name these things to me." Sasuke nodded.

Sasuke pointed to the arrangement of Kunai and shuriken and occasional vile of poison laid on the ground. Naming every single one correctly.

Sasuke crossed his arms triumphantly. Obito nodded. "Ok. About as much as I expected from the son of the Uchiha clan head." Sasuke frowned.

"Now what?" Obito pretended to think.

Now use all these items that you named appropriately.

Sasuke nodded his head. He already had prior training when it came to Kunai and shuriken training.

Sasuke looked at the vials of poison. "What am I supposed to do with those?" Sasuke was correct to question that. Because Obito also didn't know. "Ah, forget those, you probably don't need to know about poisons yet." Sasuke shrugged.

And that's what it was for hours. Obito would summon more of his weapons and have Sasuke name them and use them. When Sasuke didn't know Obito would demonstrate how to use them and explain their purpose.

"We have gone through all the weapons I have." Which was a lie, there are just some weapons Sasuke doesn't need to worry about.

"Then what about chakra training." Sasuke asked with a grin. Obito thought for a minute.

"I'll be honest with you Sasuke, I don't really know how to train." Sasuke frowned. "I'd say you've done a good job so far." Obito was happy with the compliment but that's not what he meant.

"No, I mean that I don't know the limits, I might push you too far. It's how I was trained." Sasuke mulled it over for a second. "But if you push me past my limit I'll get better." Obito frowned. As true as that is, Sasuke is not old enough for such things. Sasuke should have to worry about such training.

Sasuke should really just know the basics, not the whole deal. Sasuke sighed.

"I get it. You did say you would only train me partially." Obito sighed. "You have school soon right?" Sasuke nodded.

"I'm going to the ninja academy, then I'll start doing the real stuff!" Sasuke was clearly excited. "Well, I suppose you will learn most of the basics there..." Obito was silent for a while.

And Sasuke waited patiently for what Obito was going to say.

Finally an idea clicked in Obito's brain.

"How about I'll start training you seriously until you are further into academy about a year before you graduate is when I'll start again." Sasuke was about to argue when he really thought about it.

What's holding Obito back from properly training Sasuke is that Sasuke isn't old enough for half of the training regimes a ninja would go through.

But once Sasuke starts doing the academy and especially if he will be so soon to graduate, if they found out about the training him and Obito would do they wouldn't judge as hard as they would now.

Sasuke was upset but he understood.

"Fine. But you better keep your word!" Sasuke says as he crossed his arms. Obito smiled to his surprise.

"Course, I'm a man of my word!" Obito smiled widely and put his thumb up to show he wasn't lying

There was a slight rustle in the trees above them. Obito couldn't believe he didn't notice earlier.

Before Obito could say anything however, the man that was in the trees jumped away.
_______________________________________________

All I was told to do was to find where Obito was sneaking off. It was clear to Minato that he was actively avoiding them this morning. Minato was worried Obito was doing things important on his own.

The last thing Kakashi expected was to find Obito training a kid, and not just some kid. It was Sasuke Uchiha, the Uchiha clan heads son.

Kakashi was prepared to intervene if anything seemed like it was too much or if Obito just did something wrong. But Obito was actually better with handling Sasuke than Kakashi would have ever been. When Sasuke asked about the vials of poison Kakashi almost jumped down to separate Sasuke and the poison but Obito did that himself.

Saying himself that Sasuke was too young for it.

With how brainwashed people are when they are from the organization Kakashi expected Obito to be the same.

But he isn't. Obito really is still Obito. Kakashi was about to leave, obviously Obito had himself handled.

But then he heard, "Course, I'm a man of my word." Then when Obito smiled and put his thumb up it made Kakashi see his old friend.

Maybe Obito's case isn't as hopeless as he thought it was. In front of Minato himself, Rin and Kushina he is a person who constantly deadpans and looks uncomfortable at any showing of emotion towards him.

But what Kakashi just saw was completely different.

Kakashi made a clumsy getaway. Accidentally making himself known before running off towards the Hokage tower.

He would never admit it. But damn. He missed Obito.