Chapter 30- Mission of recognition

Tobias exited his room a lot earlier than the children. He was always awake several hours before them. And sometimes he just wouldn't sleep, it would get boring fast.

The doors have automatic locks now. You hear a click at night and a click in the morning. Not that a lock would stop Tobias, but he knew better than to just leave. Before he left his room however he was sitting at his desk.

He didn't know why he decided to sit at his desk. He figured he'd find some sort of hobby while he was here but the only plausible one was drawing. And he hated to draw. So he gave up on hobbies that would involve his desk pretty quickly.

He opened the drawers and looked through what he was given. He was given paper, pencil and pen and a sharpener. He didn't know why the people here even bothered but he didn't ponder it for long, he saw something that grabbed his attention.

He grabbed a piece of paper that was yellowed from age. It was folded neatly and he opened it. Once side was just a plain document but the other looked like a letter. Was the man who wrote this the person on the document?

He looked at the man and studied him. He looked recognizeable he must have met him. He looked over the document and it dawned on him.

This guy died a while back. He got occasionally flashed of the memories that tied this man to him. He was from the leaf. And by the letter he had a wife and son. He didn't know how old the son was sadly. This guy was the first person he was told to torture. He didn't torture him though, he gave the man his last wish by granting him the paper and pen.

He was told to deliver it. If he forgot about it, then this was written when he was still a child. He looked over the document once more before putting it into his pocket. It had an address, no doubt it was in the leaf unfortunately.

He would never make it to the leaf without being caught, so he will just find someone who is going there.

Tobias was sitting at a table when the women handed him the document. He hadn't seen the I.T women in a while.

The women gave the other children documents and left. They had been getting missions for a couple of days (weeks?) now.

He looked at his and he was actually going to a village. It stayed that he needed to go and get small game poison's. He didn't know what they needed with such weak poison's but perhaps it was to make a larger poison. He never questioned the missions he received, something about that seems like a bad idea.

He stood up and stretched his arms. He felt the seal move down onto his chest. He was given permission to speak for this mission, always a bonus.

He walked out of the building soon after, he was excited to finally be able to leave the forest that surrounded the building. He felt himself cross several seals as he walked in the direction of the shopping district.

He walked the whole way. He stood at the entrance of the shopping district and looked at the amount of people and went in. He would look out for a leaf villager. The mans name was Hayatte Gekko. He wrote his name on the back of the letter.

He was walking around and looking for the type of poison he needed. He found it eventually, but he found out it wasn't even a poison, it was medicine. He really didn't know what the medicine was for.

He was walking past before he saw a women with short purple hair and another women with black hair past him. They were wearing flak jackets that had the Uzumaki clan symbol on the shoulder and back. Definitely Leaf Shinobi.

He ran to catch up with them. One of them had an Anbu mask on.

"Excuse me?" He finally said. They turned to him. The women with black hair smiled. "How may we help you?" Tobias nodded politely and showed them the letter. "I need to deliver this, but I cannot go to the leaf." The purple hair girl nodded and took the letter.

She gasped as she saw the document part of the letter. "What is this? Is this some sort of joke?" Tobias shook his head. "I assume you know what that document means. You are Shinobi." The purple haired girl didn't respond. You couldn't see her expression through the mask she wore.

"This is a torture document!" She yelled finally. People turned thier heads but they ignored them. "I know." The black haired women's eyes turned red. "What business do you have here?" Tobias knew why they were getting defensive, but he would rather avoid the fight.

"The back, turn it over." The purple haired girl was hesitant but listened. She slowly took her mask off.

"He wrote this?" She took a slight glance at Tobias before looking back at the paper. She smiled slightly but it quickly disappeared.

"It says something about a boy who will deliver this. Would that young boy be you?" Tobias nodded. "I am afraid I forgot about it for a couple of years." She seemed angry but didn't express her emotions.

"This is my husband." Tobias looked at her with surprise. "Well that is a large coincidence."

The Uchiha looked at the paper as well and her eyes slowly faded from red to black again. The man looked warily at Tobias. He had white hair.

"This disclosed the location of one of the bases." The Uchiha said in surprise.

The white haired man finally spoke. "One of my friends, Kushina, talked about a man that came from that orginization with a large scar on his face." There was a long silence.

But all of their attention was focused on Tobias.

"Tobias is your name, right? She said you left the same day you got there." Tobias looked sadly at the ground.

"I was caught. I have been unable to return since then." The white haired man looked surprised by the honesty. A shiver ran down Tobias's back.

"I'm sorry." Tobias finally said to the confusion of the three Shinobi. "I cannot go back." He said quietly. He had the things he needed. His mission was complete and so was the mans will.

They tried to stop him but he ran to fast for them. He was known for his speed, able to crack the ground with each sprinting step he took.