Chapter 31- Perspective

Kakashi watched helplessly as the man named Tobias looked fear stricken and ran. He tried to stop him but his speed was unbelievable. He was on par with the Hokage. His teammates looked at him with the paper still in hand.

"We should go back." Naname said crossing her arms. Yugao's eyes were blank and she had no expression. She put the Anbu mask back on and looked at the letter one last time before she pocketed it. "Let's make it quick." The Uchiha nodded slowly.

When they were going back to the leaf one thought shrouded Kakashi's mind. "Why bother to return the letter?" The letter apparently had information on the base that Tobias most likely resides in, but that would be blatant betrayal.

Kushina had said he was disloyal to the orginization. But he thought when he was told he left the same day he thought it was just a spy that called back, even Minato thought that.

He hadn't met Tobias, so he couldn't have formed an opinion even if he wanted to. When they reached the gates they made a run to the Hokage tower. This was information they needed for years now. And now they have it.

Kakashi didn't bother knocking. Kushina was in the room giving Minato lunch when he walked in. Naname had to report the mission to the Uchiha compound and Yugao was too grief stricken to report. She asked for the letter to be returned to her as soon as they were finished with it.

"Welcome Kakashi." Minato smiled. Kakashi didn't feel like small talk at the moment so he went straight to the point.

"I met Tobias." Kushina looked at Kakashi with wide eyes. "Is he okay?" She set down what she was eating. Minato gave his wife a sympathetic expression but urged Kakashi to continue.

"He gave us a letter, it was written by Hayatte Gekko." Minato's eyes widened. "He went missing on a mission years ago. You would have still been a child." Kakashi nodded and handed Minato the letter.

"He was poisoned to death while being interrogated." Minato read the letter and slowly looked up at Kakashi. "How was he able to write this? This has critical information, they wouldn't let this be written." Kakashi was silent. "I think it might have been Tobias." Kakashi said with a sigh.

Minato didn't disagree but he didn't agree either. Kushina looked up at Minato. "Well now we have a location. What next." Minato was silent before responding.

"As much as I want to go to this location immediately, we need to inform the other villages. They have children from several different villages not just the leaf." Kushina slowly nodded.

"Right." She said with a sigh she looked at her food that she was eating and put it back into the bag. "I'm not hungry anymore." Minato smiled and nodded.

Kakashi waited until Kushina left. Minato looked at Kakashi but turned his attention to his window behind him. "Kushina can't let Tobias go. He reminded her of Obito." He said with a frown. Kakashi eyebrows furrowed. "He looked a lot like him, just maybe with a large scar." Minato nodded.

"I'm going to hope that it isn't him." Minato said with a pained expression. All of them felt hopeless when Obito died. And when Rin almost died because of Kakashi's chidori. He was instantly reminded of the promise he made to Obito. He was lucky he managed to move his hand and just hit her arm, it could have been much worse.

Minato wrote down the location on a sperate piece of paper and started writing letters to sperate villages.
                     ________________

Kushina smiled as she walked into her house. A small child with yellow hair ran into her arms and was lifted from the ground. "There you are! You little bugger!" Kushina laughed loudly with her son.

"I feel like eating out, you know!" She set Naruto down and put her hands on her hips while she pretended to think where. Naruto bounced up and down happily. "I know! I know!" He clapped his hands to get Kushina's attention. "Ichiraku!" Kushina grinned. And pat Naruto's head.

"I should've known! It's so obvious!" She grabbed her purse and went to the buy ramen for the two of them.

Naruto smiled happily as he chowed down his ramen like there was no tomorrow. "Slow down, I don't need you choking, you know." Kushina pat Naruto's back as he made a small huff.

"I can take care of myself, you know!" He crossed his arms and scrunched his face into a forced frown. Kushina smiled and let her son continue eating.

Naruto had picked up her habit of saying you know. She wished he wouldn't, she got made fun of for saying it. But those children better know who they are messing with when they mess with Naruto. She smiled to herself.

She found out too late that the seal had failed to transfer. Whoever held the seal held onto it like there was no tomorrow. It no doubt alerted the man who held the seal. The floor was stained with blood and there was sign of struggle when she managed to get back.

She cried that day. She didn't know why. She had only known him for a day at that point in time. Maybe it was because she was pregnant. She was a whole lot more emotional.

But something in her felt like she let go of someone she cared deeply for again. Like it happened before. It reminded her of Obito, when she was informed of his death.

It pained her knowing she couldn't do anything to go and help Tobias. But hearing that Kakashi had met him, means he wasn't killed for disobeying orders. She didn't know why, but perhaps it was because he was an Uchiha.

She looked down at her now cold ramen and offered it to her son who had been staring at it for a couple of minutes. "Sorry it's cold." Naruto hmphed and took the bowl. "There isn't a difference." The man at the stand smiled and continued what he was doing.

"I really hope... That your okay Tobias."