Chapter 35- Naruto attracts unwanted attention

Naruto adjusted himself back into Tobias's back. He kept sighing over and over, probably to make Tobias ask what's wrong?' But it's not like he could even if he wanted to.

"How much longer?" Naruto said with yet another sigh. Tobias looked at Naruto but looked back ahead. He could go faster but he didn't know if Naruto could handle it. Though his father's nickname is literally yellow flash of the leaf, he could probably handle it.

They were walking for a while now, Tobias couldn't even hear the shopping district anymore. But the silence was odd. The only sound was from the leaves rustling in the wind, not even birds chirped their opinions today.

Tobias looked up. It didn't look like it was going to rain. Though it was somewhat humid. Probably means it will rain tomorrow.

They were walking by a camp. The camp had a lot of people. Some ignored Tobias and Naruto, others stared and whispered.

Naruto looked among the crowd but surprisingly didn't speak. It was this type of situation Tobias was afraid of. He doesn't know if these people are travelers or thieves and hopefully not ninja especially rouge. They didn't look all that innocent though. Some had scars that would only be considered battle scars.

And just as Tobias feared.

Tobias leapt to the side and held tight to Naruto to not let him fall off his back. His attacker looked at him with dark eyes. He was one of the travelers or ninja he still didn't know, with one of the large scars. It was newly healed, so it was still pink.

"What are you doing here?" He spat the question out spitting on the ground as he did so. Naruto frowned. "Going back to the Leaf village, you know!" He hit Tobias's head. Naruto was going to get him killed.

"The leaf? You're an awful far away." The man lowered the Kunai in his hand slightly. But he still showed apprehension. "Yea thank this dumb head!" Naruto hit Tobias head again.

The man studied Tobias's face. "Your a ninja, right?" Tobias made no reply, which seemed to piss off the guy who was speaking to them. The other people at this camp were starting to stare at the interaction.

Naruto made a small hmph. "He hasn't talked this entire time!" The man didn't reply to Naruto. "Can't speak?" Tobias nodded. The man seemed skeptical. "Why not?" Tobias felt a vein appear on his forehead.

He was getting restless. If it were to rain tomorrow, he would much rather travel as far as he can. Especially before his neck starts to hurt.

Tobias turned away from the man surprising both the man and Naruto.

Tobias swirled around and let the Kunai pierce through his hand. He made a small scoff. "I didn't tell you, you could leave." Others in the group looked angry at the man. They probably didn't want trouble.

"We are pretty much at a dead end right now." The man said with a sigh. Tobias looked at the slowly rising other men of the group. All the women looked worried. He hated this type of group function.

He let go of Naruto. And Naruto clung harder to Tobias. He made sure they saw him pull out the Kunai, and watch his hand heal before their eyes. They seemed taken aback but they didn't back down.

Tobias moved his hands and put them next to his mouth. He couldn't use what he wanted to. Not with Naruto on his back, he would get hurt. A giant ball of flame erupted from Tobias's mouth. He heard a yelp of one of the men, but unfortunately, only one. He held onto Naruto and leapt backward, narrowly avoiding a straight forward attack.

He put his hand in front of him and spikey roots started to branch from his arm onto the ground. He kept backing away eventually detaching from the branches. He looked up and pulled Naruto off of his head. A Kunai pierced his cheek.

The man who seemed to be in charge of this group had impeccable aim. Though, the Kunai was dull, he still managed to peirce him.

He quickly grabbed Naruto again but held him against his chest. He didn't want Naruto falling or getting hit. He felt chakra move towards his legs and heat them up. Then he was moving.

He splintered the ground everytime his feet hurt the ground. Their were yells behind him but he knew they couldn't catch up. He had been working on his speed.

He heard Naruto gasp and cough. "Fly." Tobias decided to ignore Naruto while he coughed. Naruto seemed panicked, they had just been attacked. But he seemed strangely calm as well.

The roads from the field and Leaf are always busy. There may be people, robbers, carriages. It's because the leaf is popular, and the land of fields is often crossed to get to other destinations. An easy way to put it, is that the roads among the Leaf and Fields are popular and often busy.

"Is there a reason you don't talk?" Naruto asked while Tobias was setting him down. It was spring warm and rainy days but cold and windy nights. Tobias nodded. He didn't expect Naruto to understand but since his father is the Hokage and the so called Fuinjustu master, perhaps he might.

All he wrote on the dirt was 'Seal.' Naruto nodded slowly and made a puppy lip with his mouth. "Who would do that?" He didn't write in the ground for that one. He made a fire and a shelter. Since he ran for most of the time they traveled, they were around 3 and a half days away. He usually would run in the night as well, but this was a child, not someone who can ignore the frigid chills the wind has.

Naruto looked at the shelter and made his way inside after Tobias. "So you can use wood style?" Tobias nodded. He stayed away from the fire while Naruto huddled around it.

When Naruto finally fell asleep he fell asleep against Tobias.

"Why is this kid so trusting?"