Chapter 20- exhausted but not tired

Obito sat on his bed for a long time after that. After he saw his friends disheveled corpse. Her blood covered his entire outfit and hair. The blood that was on his bare skin had long dried and clung like sweat. His mouth was dry. Her blood had slipped into his mouth down his throat.

Obito stared at the floor. It was concrete with dents and cracks. Signs of poor craftsmanship.

Obito didn't know how long he was sitting on his bed for, but he finally decided it was time to take a shower.

"Will I forget her too?" Obito's eyes tightened. He won't let himself forget. Even if he wanted too. He will never forget what he saw. Just like how even now, to this day he remembers the look of the women he killed. The pain that drenched her face into an ugly contortion of facial features.

Obito set his bloodied clothes aside and turned on the shower. He never will have the privilege of a cold shower or a hot one. All he feels is the pressure on his skin.

He took a long time in the shower. It caused the steam that circled him to evaporate. The hot water had run out. It was cold. Perhaps he was lucky he even got hot water.

Obito finished and put on another set of clothes identical to his last pair. Completely black uniform. The only difference was that this one was short sleeved.

Maybe it was a sick way to grieve, but Obito probably will never wash or wear his old uniform now drenched in the girls blood.

It isn't like he was told or taught how to grieve in a place like this. Grieving is seen as embarrassing or cringe. So he won't tell the others. But they will no doubt notice her disappearance.

"What allowed me to trust Bee in the first place? A child's wish for a guardian perhaps?"

Obito left his washroom and proceeded to the dining hall. The structure of this place was falling apart. Cracks encircled and traveled their ways onto the ceiling. Almost everything was concrete.

Obito's mind wandered. He didn't want to think about the person who he will never speak to again. He continued to observe the building around himself. Familiarize himself with it.

The Fog was no longer affecting him like it did before. He remembered even the smallest things. The building was a maze in its own right. Several rooms had no obvious purpose while others did.

Some were empty and others had stairs or tables, or in general just in use.

He made it to the dining hall after a long time of stalling. He didn't bother talk to the other people in the room. But...

Obito looked over to the other kids. A sort of snap happened in his brain.

He walked over to the other kids table and sat down. They all looked at him in surprise but continued their conversation. It seems they don't mind him.

They all went quiet.

"He dude... Where is the... You know, girl?" Obito's eyebrow furrowed at the question. Even their breathe smelled like decaying corpses.

The boy across from him nodded his head slowly. He had a lean body type, he has earth affinity.

"I see...." The other kids seemed to get the memo and seemed equally upset.

"Sorry about your girlfriend." Obito tensed. He looked at the kid who said that. In a place like this their was several different personalities, some stuck with their original personality while others switched entirely.

"You know better than to think like that." Obito's response was tense. The guy looked for approval from the other boys but they just looked away awkwardly.

Whoever this kid is, he must be the leader of the group. Again, in a place like this, there is authority, even if it's one of the prisoners.

A lot of sentences recently have seemed to start with 'in a place like this'.

Bee walked in a little later.

Obito felt something radiate off of him. His brain itself felt clouded at the sight of Bee. Bee himself looked uncomfortable but said he what he wanted to say anyway.

"It's getting to the point where you will not forget." He smiled. The other kids looked between Obito and Bee. They seemed to get what Obito's glare meant.

"Whatever happened, this guy was responsible."

They couldn't seem to find the same anger as Obito but regardless they were angry. None of them spoke thier feelings though. Maybe a boy thing?

"I think it's time to finally have titles amongst yourselves." His smile dimmed from the stares he was receiving.

"Name yourselves, I don't care." His smile long faded and he walked out of the room, no, he stormed out of the room.

"He acts like a toddler." The tall man said crossing his arms. Obito shook his head. "I think that's a compliment, he's a man child." The tall boy smiled.

"Well let's think about names. I mean, if we really aren't forgetting anything anymore." Everyone went quiet.

They wanted their original names. What they were called wherever they lived before. But they all knew that was impossible.

They were all stuck in their own thoughts for a couple of minutes.

"I think my name will be Aiden!" The leader boy said with a grin. "Aiden?" Another questioned. It was a foreign sounding name.

"Yea, I mean, I heard them talking about a guy named Aiden." Aiden shrugged, but his grin spread from ear to ear. Getting a name must be adrenaline inducing or something.

It went quiet once more.

"I think your name should be Tobias." Obito looked at the earth user. "Tobias?" He shrugged in response. "You seem like one." The tall boy next to him laughed. "have you even met a guy named Tobias?" The earth user shrank back.

"Well I suppose not." But Obito shrugged. "I think it's a cool name, it has an easy nickname to." Everyone looked at Obito.

"Like, Tobi?" Obito nodded. "Though let's say, my full name is Tobias Uchiha." They all smiled. The name seemed to fit.

"Well lucky you having a last name huh?" Aiden teased. Obito shrugged. "What's stopping you from giving yourself a last name?" Aiden went quiet.

"To much work." He shrugged. Obito nodded. "Yes I guess."

Obito looked at his hands. "What would she have been named?"