Chapter 28- The children

Tobias came to realize that things had long changed since he had been in this place. It's not always pitch black of course not bright, but not completely dark either. They must have realized it messes with the vision.

There were times when they were brought to certain areas. Tobias didn't get tortured like the children. He had to watch. He watched the children cry and scream for what Tobi guessed were their loved ones. Whom they would forget anyway.

This was a form of phycological torture. It made a person numb. It made whoever it was who was forced to watch as kids bones were broken, wounds inflicted and doused in poison's and salt to suffer.

It made Tobias feel awful and guilty. This was nothing compared to what they had to got through. He was lucky he just had to watch.

Tobias was taken to another room after the children's session was done. He was put into a room with a man. He had no feeling of empathy for the man. He looked tired.

Tobias was handed a document and the man left. Tobias didn't need to be told what to do, he knew what he was doing as soon as he was brought into this part of the building.

Screams erupted from the walls making the table in the room vibrate. It alerted the man and he looked up.

He looked at Tobias his eyes full of fear.

"If you are so afraid why not tell me? You can get this over with easily." The man pursed his lips. He was considering it.

"We do not know what village you come from." Tobias said looking at the paper. Tobias looked up from the paper and eyed the man.

"Aren't you going to ask me my name?" The mans voice was raspy, and obvious sign of screaming. "Why would I ask for your name when it's not important?" Tobias looked at the man with hard eyes.

The man was about to speak but stopped. He looked at the ground and around the room. Trying to avoid all eye contact with Tobias.

"I'll give you a reason why to not speak." Tobias responded low and quietly. The man looked up at Tobias quickly.

At this point he had interrogated several men and women. Each time he made them speak. He made them give the information he wanted.

The man looked at Tobias with wide eyes as he grabbed a pair of pliers.

"I'll ask again. Where do you come from?" Usually they would have a headband. But this one doesn't it's strange. It's probably what made Bee so curious.

"Okay." The man said with an exasperated tone.

Tobias smiled and set down the pair of pliers.

"I am from the leaf. I was coming to find a friend of mine who had came here on a mission several years ago." The man furrowed his eyebrows. "I was hoping to find him. I believed that he might still be alive." The mans mouth quivered. "He isn't. I know that now." The mans head drooped and his eyes were shadowed by his hair.

"I see." Tobias responded. "Thank you for your cooperation. I am afraid I am no longer involved with what happens to you now." The man looked desperately at Tobias but he ignored it.

He exited the room and closed the door behind him. He grabbed a pen and wrote down what the man had said and left the room.

Something about the story the man had said was familiar. A man who came here a few years ago on a mission. He envied the mans courage. From the sound of it he wasn't even a full fledged ninja. Just a villager trained the bare minimum from school. Though the man could have been anyone. He gave no description of his friend.

Tobias exited the room and saw the children at the dining hall. Were the children finally getting rooms? There was a lot more this time around. He didn't know if that was a good thing or not.

They seemed bothered by Tobias's presence, scared even.

Tobias assumed that they thought he was a worker here and he came to torture them. But he had in fact not came to do that.

He went to an empty table and sat down and ignored the stares of the children. They whispered amongst themselves but Tobias didn't bother listen. He didn't need to know what they were saying.

He felt the seal on his body move and shift and it covered his throat before disappearing into his skin.

He could only speak when he was being monitored. Like when he would torture. That was the only time he could speak. When he would torture people.

The children were guided into their rooms before Bee walked up to Tobias.

"You get your old room." Tobias didn't acknowledge Bee. "You need to consider how lucky you are." Bee said as he walked away.

Tobias gaze darkened. "But I have no right to be."

Tobias stood up and walked to his old room and entered. It was exactly like he left it. A smell came from the bathroom and he looked inside.

He was instantly reminded of his anger. The clothes that he had set on the sink. Covered in the girls blood it was dried and smelled horrible. But Tobias still couldn't bare to throw it away. He put it into a cabinet and closed the door. It made the stench a lot more bearable to deal with.

He looked at the ground.

He really was a fool.

He walked to his desk and sat down. He didn't do anything. He never bothered to try and write down his experience. It would just remind him of the things he wished he could forget in the first place.

No one needs to know what he went through. Not in detail.

"I wonder if I did have family?" He smiled. He hoped for the safety of Kushina and her child. It would give him comfort to know she can have the family she had seemed to want.