Chapter 48- The influenced

When Minato finally left Obito alone it was dark out but only in a couple hours would it be morning. Obito doesn't know what was going to happen to Danzo if anything at all. It wouldn't be surprising if Minato couldn't do anything to punish Danzo in the first place.

Ironically Danzo is as much as a snake as Orochimaru if not more. He could wriggle himself out of almost every situation you could throw at him.

But Danzo didn't linger in Obito's mind for long he had other things to think about, and perhaps do. Slowly over time he had been regaining parts of memories. He doesn't know their context half the time and he doesn't even know when they occured but it's something.

Obito furrowed his eyebrows at the thought. That also reminds him... Where he was held. He remembered that not that long ago. Where he was held before he was put in the orginization in the first place.

Why would someone save him? If the document that he took was true then it really begs the question what use did they see in him. He was dead last in everything and he didn't even have an activated Sharingan.

Well, he did have the Sharingan for a short time but by no means experienced.

Obito started walking, to no place in particular but to walk and to think.

He was walking for a long time. But walked by very few people, it was in the early A.M's after all.

"Hey. You." Obito turned to the rugged voice. Obito studied the man, he had a large stature but was muscular. He had blonde hair and a darker skin tone, common towards the Hidden cloud.

Obito made no response but turned to the man. He looked angry towards Obito's silence but ignored it.

"I heard you are an EX member to that organization. And I was supposed to talk to you anyway." Obito quickly recognized the man he was they guy Minato was speaking to earlier. But he left before hearing much of the conversation.

"Are you the Raikage?" The man seemed stunned. "Yes of course I am!" A scowl remained on his face. "Oh." Obito nodded. "By all means ask your questions." Obito had no face expression. He was in the presence of the Raikage he has no right to be buddy buddy with him.

The Raikage nodded. "Do you know of any Cloud citizens or ninja being in your base?" The Raikage said with a serious tone. Obito thought for a moment. "I do not know of their true citizenship, but there were a few who looked to be from the cloud." The Raikage scowled.

"I see." There was a long silence. He was trying to pick his question carefully, as if he expected Obito to run. "A common practice is inducing amnesia correct? How do they do it?" The almost normal aggression in his voice was absent.

"I don't know how they make the substance but it's in the form mist." The Raikage nodded. "Do you recall your first mist?" Obito was silent for a long time.

He doesn't remember the experience in detail but it's not something he can forget either. Obito's eyebrows furrowed. "I believe... When it began to work is when I gave up on trying to remember." The Raikage was silent.

"What caused you to give up?" The Raikage even seemed upset with himself for asking such a question. Obito remembered that perfectly. But regardless he was silent a moment before speaking. "I killed someone." The Raikage was silent for a long time.

"I believe anything I need to ask I can ask later." The Raikage turned around and walked away. The conversation was cut short. Obito doesn't know why the Raikage left if he had more questions to ask but it's not really Obito's problem.

The sky had turned more blue after the conversation probably around 4 in the morning.

Obito stared upwards but looked back to his front.

He forgot to tell the Raikage what the mist does to a person who first inhales it. That's what the Raikage really asked wasn't it? The mist damages your respiratory system severely but regardless after your done with it your respiratory system heals as if nothing even happened. Though that only happens if you live in the first place.

Obito never had that risk. He has fast healing the mist wouldn't even be done but his lungs would be healing. He was lucky. What really hurt him and still bothers him today is getting off the mist and no longer receiving it.

He can't run for a long time. Though a long time usually means after a couple hours. It's not a terrible pain but it's not painless. It's not shortness of breathe it's rather his breathing starts hitching and becomes shaky.

Obito turns in the direction of talking. No people are in sight but the speaking doesn't escape his hearing.

Obito was about to walk away to leave whoever was speaking in privacy but then they said something intriguing.

"There is one of them here." "One of us?" "Yes." "From our base right?" "Yes."

There was no further conversation as if they knew someone was listening. That sort of speak sounds like something someone from an organization would say. And that makes Obito nervous. Are these the supposed spies or are they here on a retrieval mission?

Obito wants to know but he doesn't at the same time. He hates it when his feelings conflict with each other he's sure anyone would hate that.

But what makes it worse is that if those people really were spies that means there is more than one, and there are several, it doesn't have to be just them two.

Obito picked at his hand for a couple minutes before he finally decided what to do.

He needs to find more documents at his old base. He needs to actually look through all of them not just a specific few. He needs to find out who is against the leaf.

Obito was about to teleport before something crossed his mind.

"What does he owe to the Leaf village anyway?"