Chapter 29- A Minimal Time Skip.

The darkness of his dreams emptied in front of his eyes. He sat up in his bed and looked around. Still in the same place he always seemed to end up in. His room. It's not that he particularly hated his room, but why would he like it? It was just a reminder of his imprisonment.

The seal on his throat made his mouth dry. His eyes were always looking for dark places. His whole body twitching constantly in restlessness and anxiety. Inwardly flinching everytime he was greeted. He never knew who might be talking to him.

Faces in his memories are just a blur now. Though... Both red haired Uzumaki women left an imprint on him. He remembers both of their faces as clear as day. He remembered his friends face even before it was mutilated and he was glad for that. He didn't want to remember his friend as a mutilated corpse, but for the courage that she seemed to have.

Tobias stood up as he heard footsteps go down to what he assumed was the dining hall. That means the children are awake as well.

He found a new purpose for his Sharingan abilities. He was able to transfer his hearing. It was extremely strange sounding, he knew that. But he could make his hearing go into completely different parts of the building. It made it easy for him to spy, and listen to plans.

The children were going to be assigned missions soon. A lot sooner than they had. They were all around 13 or 15 at oldest. He wondered why the pace of making these 'children soldiers' had increased substantially since the first generation.

You know, you would think Tobias would be completely loyal at this point. But there was something in him that remained loyal to the leaf. He assumed it was when he was a ninja for the Leaf village. His child self wasn't giving up. Even though he had.

Tobias exited the room and looked at the children and walked to his separate table as he usually does. The children warmed up to him, they realize he is like them, not a worker. They still don't talk to him, not like it would be much conversation anyway. Tobias couldn't speak most of the time.

The familiar women who gave him a mission came into the room but didn't hand him a document. He handed the children the documents and actually explained what they meant. It was like the female workers had to be nicer to them while the males would handle torture. It must be a sick way to confuse who they should be able to trust and who they shouldn't.

The women left soon after. Some children followed her but others stayed looking at the paper they were given. Contemplating what the right thing to do is. No doubt one of them had gotten an assignment to kill someone. Someone who they might have believed to be innocent.

It was the idea of if they didn't listen they would get punished but they would have to kill a person to accomplish the mission in the first place. It's a tough decision. He made his decision immediately though. Now however, he would contemplate it.

Surprisingly, one of the children walked up to Tobias. "Why don't you get one?" She showed him her paper she received. Tobias skimmed over it. She was one of the lucky ones. She was gathering herbs and different poisonous plants. Tobias couldn't speak so he just shrugged.

"Do you think you could come with me?" Tobias didn't make any movement. He highly doubted it. She sighed. "Okay... Thanks anyway." Her voice was high pitched but raspy. Her vocal cords were underdeveloped. Much like his own.

His voice, was raspy and it was slightly high pitched for what you would consider a males voice. Though, it's been like that for a while. He didn't know if it was just his natural voice or the accident of his scar or the treatment he received here. He doubted he would ever know.

A women came up to him after the kids all left. He didn't know why they bothered waiting but it doesn't bother him.

He handed him a document. "You will work with the children." The document had information on all of them. It didn't have their real names unfortunately. It was their basic stats in what they were good and bad at.

"We don't want you training them. We just need you to supervise the missions." The women made her point blatant. Tobias nodded.

He was told to follow and he listened. He was taken to an area outside. "You will be able to find them." She said with a sigh and went back inside.

"Are they short staffed or something? Why would they want me to have this job?"

Tobias didn't bother think about it. Not much will come out of thinking about something he will never have the answer to.

He found the girl picking herbs and observed her. When she turned around she jumped but she sighed in relief. "You scared me!" She punched his stomach and continued to pick the herbs she was given a picture of.

This girl had long hair and it was brown. There was evidence of sun bleach near her roots. She must have been an outside kid before she was brought here.

He helped guide the other children to their destination's and what seemed like errands.

Maybe he was wrong. Maybe they weren't given an assassination mission yet. Maybe he was a prime example of why it shouldn't be the first mission you give.

Tobias walked the children back to the building.

"Aren't you one of them? One of the people?" A boy said crossing his arms. He was almost Tobias height. Maybe Tobias was short. Because he was barely taller than Kushina, maybe even shorter.

He shook his head but didn't make eye contact. The boy looked skeptical. "So your one of us?" There it goes again. Like they are a whole sperate species. He nodded. He hmphed in response but no one else spoke for the rest of the way.

When they entered they were taken to their rooms. The children watched curiously as he entered his own room. Did they never know he lived here? He wouldn't push it past them that they didn't.

It was one of those nights. A sleepless one. He activated his Sharingan and used his new acquired trick he learned. It was Bee talking this time. Nothing he found interesting, but he would take what he got.

How long had it been since he saw the leaf? A few days? Maybe it had been longer. He remembered first seeing the children, they were a lot smaller, younger. Maybe it had been a year? Like he says every time he thinks about time.

It's nothing but a concept, time doesn't run like normal in this place. Some days it's fast. Some days it's slow. Sometimes, you just don't know.