Chapter 49- Procrastination

Obito stood there for a couple of minutes with his activated Sharingan before it turned back into it's usual form. He stared at nothing in particular and after some more time his vision was blurry.

Before he knew it his eyes felt warm and tears streamed down his face. He doesn't know why he's crying but it's a refreshing feeling. It's like his eyes are finally being cleansed of what they had the misfortune to witness. Perhaps it's what he thought.

"What did he owe to the Leaf village anyway?"

He doesn't know what he owes. Perhaps he doesn't owe anything to the village. But what he does owe is to the people of the village. He doesn't remember them, but he knows that his younger self would have never forgotten any of their names if it weren't for the organization.

The tears stopped as soon as they started. Only his tears flowed but no emotions lingered any longer than the tears did. Perhaps his younger self is angry with him for even thinking such a thing.

"What are you doing out here mister?" Obito turned to the child behind him.

"Nothing." The black haired boy put his lip out and made a "hn" sound. He was obviously of Uchiha blood. Was he near the Uchiha compound still?

The younger boy looked at Obito with a studying gaze before he took a long sigh. "Your eyes are red." Obito was well aware of that but he didn't like the fact the kid knew the implication.

"Yes." The kid rolled his eyes rather forcefully as to act like the usual Uchiha.

"My name's Sasuke Uchiha. What's yours?" Obito lingered in his thoughts for a moment before answering. "I am Obito, nice to meet you Sauce." Obito stopped for a second.

Sasuke stood there with his mouth slightly agape. "Hey! What's the point of making fun of someone you just met!?" Obito didn't know why he called the boy sauce but it felt familiar.

"Sorry. I just misheard. Good to meet you Sasuke." Obito's voice didn't sound at all apologetic but the young Sasuke didn't seem to notice. "Fine. It happens. Hn." Sasuke crossed his arms but his eyes lingered back to Obito.

"Your a ninja right?" Obito nodded. "Well... My brother is super strong. And I want to be like him." Obito nodded, its the usual idealization that occurs when a younger brother looks up to the elder brother.

"But my father and mum say I'm too young for ninja training and even my brother Itachi doesn't teach me often. I'm the son of the Uchiha clan head! I can't just be weak!" Sasuke was throwing his hands around and punching the air as if he needed to do that to get his point across.

"Oh." Obito didn't like where this was heading. "I want you to teach me! Cause your an Uchiha as well!" Obito looked at the child. He was practically radiating determination and perseverance. If Obito even bothered to tell this kid "No" he would be chased by him until one of them falls and dies.

Obito took a long sigh. "Why are you asking a complete stranger to train you? How many others have you asked?" Sasuke paled slightly at the questions. "I dunnno." Sasuke looked at the ground and kicked up the dirt with his feet.

Which were bare.

"Why are you barefoot? Did you run away?" Obito was genuinely concerned now. This was the child of the clan head. What would happen to him if they found him with Sasuke.

Sasuke looked surprised. "Oh.. well I didn't run away! I mean I'm going to go back home soon. I just didn't put shoes on." Obito didn't know if he was lying or not.

Obito knows how to deal with children but there is a large difference between dealing with children who are in the process of being tortured and children who don't even understand the concept of torture.

"Well I suppose I can teach you a few things... But perhaps not train you." Sasuke's eyes lit up at the partial victory. "Yes! Thats fine!" Sasuke's hands were balled into fists as he celebrated his victory.

"Well... You probably shouldn't do much with chakra yet..." Obito mumbled to himself. He doesn't know the training regimes children are supposed to undergo. He knows its nothing like what he went through. But what did they deem "too far"?

"Simple Kunai training is probably a good start." Obito finally said so Sasuke could hear. Sasuke looked disappointed. It's something that can't be helped Obito knows nothing about training children and he probably won't ever hope to.

"But... You should probably head home first..." Obito finally said interrupting Sasuke's initial pouting. He looked offended. "what?! I should start training now if I ever hope to improve!"

"Who told you that?" Obito asked crossing his arms. Sasuke was stunned by the question. "Sure, the faster you start training the sooner you are to improve but it's the same rate you will ever improve when you train at all." Obito looked at Sasuke before continuing. "Training sooner doesn't increase your chances to get better any differently than if you were to train later."

Obito shook his head. It's not that Sasuke didn't understand what he said it's just that Sasuke doesn't need an explanation on how training works. It's frankly unnecessary.

Sasuke was quiet but he mulled over what Obito said.

"Now you should go home if I'm free I'll come to the training ground near the Uchiha compound around midday." Sasuke smiled wide and nodded his head. "Of course mister!" Sasuke ran off he stumbled over a branch but continued on his way to what Obito hopes was to his home.

Obito rubbed his eyes and looked around. He will leave to finding documents and spies to the Hokage for the time being. If his help his requested he will help. But for now he can just focus on the little things.

And that said little thing is a oddly hyper and loud Uchiha. 

"Would this Sasuke kid be an example of how he used act?" Obito shook his head. It's not worth thinking about when he won't ever get the answer anyway.