Chapter 24- The ruins of a sentimental place

They had been walking for a couple of hours stopping occasionally. Kushina informed Tobias that she doesn't go out often but is a ninja and does the occasional mission. She didn't explain why she only went on missions occasionally but did let slip that it was for the safety of herself.

Though, Tobias already knew why. He felt it earlier. It was like a roar of chakra bursting through all of his senses. He had been informed that the Uchiha can control the nine tailed beast with their Sharingan. The roar in chakra was the Nine tailed beast, or the Kyūbi.

He didnt really know how Jinchuriki's worked so he didn't bother asking why the chakra flared the way it did. Kushina probably knows about the whole Jinchuriki thing more than Tobi could ever hope to.

"My husband insisted he came along or sent someone with me." She said with a sigh. The silence was bothering her.

"Your husband sounds caring." She laughed. "Well of course! The only reason I didn't let him tag along is because he is the Hokage!" Tobias eyes widened. "He is?" She nodded proudly. "And the only other people I would like to tag along with me are out on their own mission." She shrugged.

Tobias nodded. "That makes sense I suppose." She nodded. "I can take care of myself, you know? But I got stuck with you anyway." Tobias didn't know if she was actually annoyed or not so he didn't respond.

Finally they reached ruins. The ruins had houses that were destroyed surrounding one large building that stayed mostly intact.

Kushina continued striding towards the building, so Tobias followed behind. "Did you live here?" Kushina looked back. "For only a short while. Till I was around 8." Tobias didn't pry any further. He didn't know if this place was a touchy subject.

They walked into the building, a man already in there. Tobi stopped where he stood. This man... He was in the document. Kushina walked up to the man where they greeted each other. Engaging in conversation.

"I was you to meet Haru." She smiled. He nodded towards Tobi and walked to the center of the building. Tobias knew he wouldn't kill this man, not now. But that just made his stomach churn. Now he really was purposely flunking the mission.

Kushina and Haru talked for a couple more minutes until they finally went onto their knees and began praying. Kushina didn't strike him as a religious type. But he doesn't really know the first thing about any religion, so who is he to judge?

"You are troubled." The old man finally spoke and looked at Tobias. Tobi didn't respond. Of course he was troubled. In every way he was flat out panicking. The old man studied Tobi. "Were you perhaps sent here?" Kushina looked at Tobi and responded for him. "He is tagging along with me." The old man nodded and stood up fully and so did Kushina.

Tobi wanted to inform this man about his mission, how he was in danger. But he couldn't his vocal cords didn't move when he tried. He knew why, it wasn't hard to guess. He just was restricted, he couldn't talk about his missions.

Kushina bowed politely to the old man and talked for a few more minutes. He offered dinner and a place to stay for the night but she declined. She wanted to get back the hidden leaf as fast as possible.

They left as soon as they got there. Kushina was silent. "Why did you look the way you did when you saw Haru? Do you perhaps know him?" Tobi shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows.

He couldn't speak to her about it even if he wanted to. She shrugged and continued to walk.

"Are you nervous?" Tobi looked at Kushina. "About what?" She smiled. "Going back to the hidden leaf. You must have been told horrible things about it." Tobi didn't respond.

He did get told horrible things about the leaf. The leafs way of punishing those who disobeyed. But the Hokage, from the opinion of his wife sounds okay. Though there is a high chance it's biased.

"I mean sure. I'm not going to say no." Kushina nodded. They walked for a couple more hours. Kushina most likely didn't want to pry at Tobias's past, at least not until they got to the hidden leaf.

She denied the idea of resting. She didn't feel tired. So they continued walking. The wind had long died down at this point. Now it was just a warm spring day with occasional wind gusts.

And one of those wind gusts made Tobi stop in his tracks. He pulled Kushina to the side and into the treeline. She was about to speak but Tobi shot her a glare and almost immediately she hid her chakra presence.

They went onto a tree and hid. There was talking. "Do you know why Tobi hasn't returned yet?." Aiden said in a huff. "You don't think he flunk a mission do you? Or dipped?" He didn't recognize that voice. That's strange.

Kushina looked between the people that made their way past them and Tobias. She finally let out a sigh and she went bouncing through the trees. They were making a detour. To go farther away from where they had seen them.

"Are they also from the orginization?" Tobias nodded. "Same generation." Kushina's eyes darkened. "Generation?" They were going at a fast pace now. If they continued like this they would make it to the hidden leaf by daybreak.

"From my knowledge there are at least 3-4 generations of children at my base. I am the first." Kushina slowly nodded.

"That really is terrible." She looked sad. Sad to hear that so many kids were being in such a situation.

"Let's continue this way. I really want to get back to the hidden leaf now." Hers eyes tightened.

"Why do you seem to care so much about the children's lives?" She seemed offended by the question but didn't retaliate by hitting Tobias. "I am soon to have a child of my own." Tobias's eyes widened. "I found out a little while back. I wanted to pay a visit to the Uzumaki clan before I had to stay in my house 24-7." She laughed sadly.

"I just can't imagine my own child going through something like this. And I doubt Minato can either." She had a sad smile plastered on her face but it turned encouraging to Tobias.

"If my hopes are true. Me finding you can help out an end to the orginization." She looked ahead of her.

"We have found others like you. But they killed themselves before they could get captured."

She didn't talk for the rest of the night. Tobias didn't bother speaking either. This subject, he didn't realize how much others cared. He always thought that no one did.