Chapter 54- Sasuke's saftey

🛑 gore 🛑

Obito stared towards the group surrounding him. One or maybe two seemed to be medics, they had heavier clothing, most likely better protection. Unfortunately Obito couldn't tell which ones were throwing the abundance of Kunai. They seemed to be in the trees is the best guess he could make.

Before a Kunai hit his eye he did a few hand signs, and created a mud wall to prevent anymore Kunai from penetrating his skin. They had been aiming at his arms, his torso and legs seemed fine otherwise.

Sasuke looked wide eyed at Obito. Sasuke, as sad as it sounded knew the gravity of their current situation. He looked terrified, not that Obito blamed the poor kid. Seeing blood is a terrifying aspect for a kid by itself.

"Enough pondering the situation." Obito finally broke out of his train of thought. He could think later, right now however was to survive, his instincts could tell him as such.

Before his opponents could break his barrier he grabbed Sasuke. (Probably harder than he should have) and jumped into the trees. It didn't take long for them to catch up though. His train of thought was still in pieces his migraine was only getting worse from trying to keep his jumbled thoughts together. Sasuke was whimpering to himself.

As much as Obito wanted to check on the boy he didn't have the time.

"It's the medicine you know." A sudden voice said behind him. It was the girl, weirdly enough it reminded him of a female version of Orochimaru. Though her appearance made him think of a punk. Obito only grimaced. The reason he was considered dangerous in the first place was his fighting style. They know it clearly, they for some reason know him.

With his healing capabilities he would purposely hurt himself to hurt or kill (mostly kill) his opponents. But with Sasuke here he can't do much of that. Suppose it's something to train for.

Obito noticed few of the ninjas that were chasing him were falling behind. "Endurance must not be their strong suit." Unfortunately he can't hope to beat all of them with endurance. If they were trained the same way as him, if not harder. "It's withdrawal, it's hard to notice at first." Obito could hear her smile through her voice it was creepy. Obito remained quiet. He knew that. But at the same time he didn't.

Of course it's withdrawal, you don't have to notice it at first. It's like drinking a certain drink for a long time and suddenly stopping. You don't realize you crave the drink until it's in front of you in a store.

Before anymore Kunai could pierce his already bloodied legs he jumped harshly off a branch towards the ground. As much as he didn't want to he turned his body so that his back took the hit when he hit the ground exposing Sasuke in the process.

Sasuke sucked in his own breath when he saw the women and her lackeys. Though Obito's sudden movement caught them off guard.

Obito grunted when he hit the ground his spine and ribs screamed as parts of his vertebrae fractured from the impact. Obito's own vision blurred as the wind got knocked out of him. Shakily he let go of Sasuke pushing him down against his shaky chest. He put his hands together. "Fire Style..." Is all he could say before he forced any bits of air his lungs had left into the growing flame.

The woman realized what he was doing and jumped out of the way. Fortunately for him and Sasuke however the rest didn't move until the fireball had engulfed them.

Obito could feel his body grow heavy but air slowly allowed itself into his lungs as well. He made a couple hand signs before he and Sasuke began sinking into the dirt.

"Hold your breath for a second." Obito said quietly to Sasuke. Sasuke only nodded in reply. When they finally sunk completely into the ground they were met with odd humidity and complete darkness. Obito felt his eyes heat up as he activated his Sharingan. He made sure Sasuke had transported first.

"You're damn lucky you know that?" The woman growled between her teeth as she sunk a crescent knife into Obito's cheek.

Obito choked on his own blood as the knife sunk into the top of his mouth and through his tongue. The angle she stabbed him only made matters worse when she roughly pulled it out.

Her face was grim, she was clearly anything but happy. Obito knocked both of them out of the ground, it only limited his movement after all.

He couldn't afford to make a witty reply over her now charred comrades. The ones still alive were the ones that he had out endured. He frowned. Around four or five ninja, other than the women were still alive. The charred remains were sending black smoke into the sky as well as a putrid smell. It would attract people and unwanted wildlife.

Obito turned his head away from the women and back towards the extras. The woman growled at this but said nothing as she ran at Obito.

Obito's face and tongue still had a gaping bleeding hole in it, he couldn't speak. Blood poured onto the ground around him from all his prior wounds. Scratches and cuts weren't as important as his bones, he needed to end this quick otherwise he would die from blood loss. Something he could not afford with Sasuke still being in his realm.

Obito grunted as he turned his body unnaturally towards the woman he felt his hip pop. The woman only glared harder at Obito, both of her hands occupied with her knives, now infused with chakra. He felt the ground crack at the velocity he sprinted towards the woman. Her comrades threw dozens of Shuriken at Obito making the wind scream at the shuriken's velocity.

Obito brought his hands together and felt the ground rumble as he summoned a branch from the ground. The woman jumped away but Obito grabbed her hand twisting it. The sound of her bones fracturing from his grip only made Obito concentrate harder.

"You Devil! Let go of me!" The woman screamed loudly as if to cope with the pain. She swung her knife at Obito. Her target was his neck but he pushed his head back. She grunted as she forced the knife into his shoulder. Before he was forced to let go the branches finally cracked above the surface.

Her eyes only widened as she was impaled through her stomach and legs. Obito stood still and so did the onslaught of Shuriken.

His own body was pierced he avoided his stomach, instead the branches impaled through it pierced through his chest.

The enemy must think he's dead. He stood unmoving. The girls groans and occasional screeches of pain filled the air.

Obito could still feel blood filling in his mouth, but his tongue was now intact albeit sore but it's good enough.

He moved his hands slowly together to will the branches to cease into the ground. The girl dropped with a loud thud onto the ground. She was twitching clearly trying to move, to fulfill her orders that she was given. But her body wouldn't listen.

The air felt frozen around Obito. His gaze traveled towards the remaining Shinobi they flinched in reply. Obito only breathed heavily. His body was at its limit. Even though he still had plenty of chakra left moving his body at all was a chore, and just painful.

They looked at each other before retreating into the dense forest. Obito looked up, the sun was lower but not quite setting. Someone had to have noticed Sasuke's disappearance by now.

Obito looked down. His body shook in pain but his head didn't register it. The girl had taken her last breath a few minutes ago. Her eyes are still wide her pupils huge as her eyes held a glassy look. She looked at nothing but everything at the same time.

"Will that be my fate one day too?" Obito couldn't help but wonder.