Chapter 37- Why do I recognize her?

It wasn't much later in the day. But it looked like it was early evening. Tobias stood up again and looked at Naruto, motioning him to follow.

He took the map out of his pocket. It was slightly damaged but still readable. "Aren't we lucky."

It only showed popular places to eat but he found a stand that was around 10-15 minutes ahead of them.

He was going to let Naruto walk this time. He could walk until they made it to the stand.

The walk was quiet. Naruto stomped in puddles as they went. He didn't understand the joy of making muddy water cover the lower half of a person's body, but it's not like he was going to stop him.

"We are going to a food place right?" Naruto finally asked. Tobias nodded. Naruto smiled and sped up his own pace.

Tobias didn't have any trouble catching up with Naruto. Tobias wasn't particularly thrilled about having this muddy child get on his back. But he would deal with it.

When they reached the stand Naruto ordered and Tobias payed. Naruto frowned at Tobias when the food arrived. "I haven't seen you eat this entire time." He said with a hmph. Tobias shrugged. He wasn't hungry. He probably will be tomorrow.

He stood outside the stand. As much as he enjoyed to sit down, the place stunk of sweat and grease. That's when he saw them.

It was two people dressed in leaf Shinobi garb looking and talking frantically. Most likely for Naruto. He peeked to look at Naruto.

"I have at least another minute till he finishes that food."

He approached the two and that's when he recognized them. Or one of them. The white haired Shinobi was there.

When the white haired Shinobi saw him he went quiet. He looked angry. But he didn't speak.

The girl with short brown hair looked between the two.

Tobias only motioned for them to follow and the white haired Shinobi followed. Kushina had told them about him, so the man must feel conflicted about what to do.

Naruto smiled when he saw the two Shinobi and both of them looked equally happy to see him.

The white haired Shinobi stopped and looked at Tobias. "So you really are a good guy?" That's a weird way to put it.

He shrugged. Naruto stood up from where he was sitting. "He can't speak, something about a seal." Naruto said probably to calmly.

The white haired Shinobi made a small hmm. "They said something about a seal."

The brown haired girl was eyeing Tobias. "That guy that you fought had a seal on his arm didn't he? It looked familiar to Kushina's." The white haired Shinobi nodded.

"Ah. So I was right. Multiple people can be the seals user."

Tobias narrowed his eyes.

"You are coming back to he leaf." The white haired Shinobi said. Tobias didn't make any gestures to respond. But he was getting nervous all over again. Bee was still alive. Bee said he was going to kill him if he returned as a failure.

And no doubt was Bee looking for him and maybe the rest of the team right now. He was off when they had left. Bee had eye bags and his eyes were sunk into their sockets. His lips twitched when he wasn't speaking. Which when he was speaking it was incoherent mumblings and murmurs.

He doesn't have much of a choice does he?

He looked away and stared outside instead of making eye contact.

"Let's get going." The brown haired girl said with a smile. She seemed to be the favorite.

They walked the rest of the way back to he leaf.

"At least he was fast." Naruto said crossing his arms. The white haired Shinobi stated at Tobias.

"You did not sprint with Naruto on your back." Tobias averted his gaze from the white haired Shinobi. The brown haired girl raised an eye brow. "That's not really a bad thing Kakashi." Kakashi shook his head.

"No, when I saw him sprint he was as fast as Minato-sensei." The girl went silent before turning her head to Tobias. "Are you stupid?" Tobias shrugged. "Well she seems to be able to switch emotions just as quick as Kushina."

Kakashi and the brown haired girl bickered about Naruto's safety and eventually reprimanded Naruto for following Kakashi. Didn't think that this was how it was going to turn out.

When they finally reached the gates of the leaf village it was dark out. The lights of the Hokage's tower was on.

They went to the Hokage tower with speaking. Kakashi and the brown haired girl looked nervous. Even Naruto looked nervous.

Tobias thinks he knows why. Kushina. She was certainly... Something.

They entered the Hokage's office as soon as they got to the Hokage's tower. There was a very tired Minato and a very wide awake Kushina. They both sighed in relief as Naruto made his way into he room.

Kushina stared at Tobias and so did Minato.

"This is the seal right?" Kushina lifted her arm and appeared a marking on her hand and forearm. Tobias nodded. Minato seemed angry couldn't blame him.

"So how does this work?" Tobias felt his stomach twist. His life was in the hands of a women who could make very rash decisions. He trusted Kushina but something like this isn't something he would ever trust anybody with.

Then he felt the seal on his body move off of his throat. "Did I do it?" Kushina said while staring at Tobias.

"Yes." Tobias said slowly. The seal obviously piqued Minato's interest. Kushina was relishing the victory of being able to tamper with the seal.

Tobias however didn't feel any less nervous that someone else could control his actions, but he didn't voice his concern.

"So what happened?" Minato finally asked. "You were given orders through the seal, to take Naruto, correct?" Tobias nodded.

"I wasn't allowed to see the mission. But I think the mission was to kidnap Naruto and take him back to the base." Kushina didn't say anything but something radiated off of her and it seems to make everyone in the room nervous. Except Tobias.

"They thought they would get away with that? Minato we have to hurry with this invasion thing!" She through her fist into her other hand.

"Something was wrong with Bee when I left." Kushina was silent. "I think everything is wrong with that man."

Tobias was silent he didn't know if he should tell them. But in the end he decided to.

"If he finds me again, he will kill me." Everyone went silent. "I have killed his men. I have purposely failed or dropped missions. I have actively betrayed him several times. This mission to kidnap Naruto was his last straw."

Minato looked seriously at Tobias. "We won't let you be taken by him again."

Nothing felt reassuring about his words. But Tobias nodded anyway.

"Bee was making rash decisions that were unlike something he would do. I believe he has a higher up." Minato nodded.

"Do you know how far this organization expands?" Tobias thought for a moment. If his old friend's truly weren't dead... "I think there may be other bases, but I haven't seen anything of the sort outside my own." Minato nodded.

Kushina smiled.

"I think you should hang out with me!" Tobias looked at Kushina confused. She no doubt had been up for a while.

Everyone else also seemed confused by the idea.

"Yes! I agree." Naruto clapped his hands. Before anyone could even put in their input of the idea Kushina was dragging Tobias out of the room and Naruto followed.

"The constant changes in atmosphere worries me." Tobias thought with a grimace.

One minute he is in a literal torture chamber the next he is in Kushina's home.