Chapter 11- To kill time

Obito stared at the wall behind his bed. It was one of those days. He couldn't bring himself to fall asleep. All he would do is lay on his bed with his eyes closed, which over time gives him a terrible migraine. He didn't really know what time it was, so maybe it was mid day and that's why he isn't tired. But it's not like someone would tell him anyway.

Obito moved his head in the direction of his door. His hearing has increased substantially, as his ability to sense chakra. And as he predicted, the door was opened. It was the women who trained them. She beckoned Obito to follow and he complied. Again, it's not like he has anything better to do.

His body temperature and nerves are weird now. He can't really identify if things are cold or not, and yet he could touch things and still identify what they were. You'd think after all that you wouldn't even be able to feel things anymore.

The training room wasn't much of happiness anymore. The other kids complies and trains as they are told, Obito included. But every time they train, they are taken to the cellar. The place where all the bad things happen. Practically tortured. The red haired girl touched her eye were the burn still resided and took a long sigh.

Obito wanted to share words of comfort, but he didn't have any. He honestly wanted to comfort himself but couldn't, how would he comfort someone else? The red haired girl looked at Obito and nodded her head and walked back to the throwing area.

Obito knew that the girl most likely knew his intentions of staring at her, he hope so anyway. They must have been there for a couple hours longer, since the usual sun that peaked through the building due to the tree had long faded.

The training room was the only place that has any natural lighting, you could even hear the wind on the leaves and chirping of birds, it was a nice break from what has been going on recently.

The masked man came in almost on cue as they were about to leave. Obito resisted the urge to groan. He was really starting to hate this guy. Everytime he showed up, something bad or painful would happen. The other kids probably felt the exact same. But just the same as Obito didn't say anything.

They were taken to the cellar once more, and thrown into their individual rooms. At this point the rooms were bound to be their second home's their first being their cells. 

Obito looked distastefully at the room he was placed in. A replicate of the 1st time he was hair. Obito sat in the chair and sighed shakily. Surprisingly the person tying him up smiled at him sympathetically. Though she left the room short after.

Obito heart sank as he heard the beginning of screams. The screams getting louder until finally a man enters a room. Like this is some sort of musical to them. Obito winced as the man grabbed a knife and started cutting at Obito's limbs. He wanted to cry, so badly he wanted to, but he remained quiet. His throat moved every time he wanted to scream.

The man looked up at Obito, with a look that declared annoyance. Obito looked back at the man unwavering.

They saw this as some sort of competition? "How low can a person go?" Obito narrowed his eyes as he watched the man grab for medicines and needles.

A scream erupted throughout the hall that made Obito's face pale. It wasn't a kids. There was no warning, in one fowl swoop the wall exploded into rocks flinging into Obito's face.

Obito looked away but looked to the scene beside him. The red haired girl had been the culprit. A yellow chain erupted from her body and it was going everywhere she looked. Pain engulfed her, you could see it. Obito felt his hand twitch. He didnt know why, but this red haired girl reminded him of someone constantly.

He felt a tear in the strap that kept him in place. One arm free. The yellow chain engulfed the man that most likely had been torturing her. Obito kicked his legs free and ripped the strap that kept his arm at bay.

He felt someone grab his arm to stop him, but his eyes looked at the girl. The chains coming out of her were killing her, you could see it. Her face was going more white every second. He heard the person behind him scream in pain but he ignored it.

He felt the ground crack under him and he was next to the red haired girl. Her face said she was crying, but the lack of tears said otherwise.

Obito grabbed her, he felt the chains go towards him. He stayed in place. If these chains, whatever they were, were like the Sharingan, she needed to focus her chakra elsewhere.

Her knees trembled below her and she looked at the now dead man. "I killed him." The words were shaky. Obito nodded. "You won't ever forget, the fog won't do anything. you told me that." The red haired girl looked at Obito with wide eyes.

"Only remembering the bad things." He didn't know what he was saying, it's like the words came out on their own. He didn't remember the girl telling him this. Her lips quivered but she still didn't cry. The chains faded in color.

"I have no hope in remembering the good things." Her eyes searched for Obito's demeanor. "But we can make... Make more good things okay?" The man fell to the ground with a thud and the red haired girl looked up at Obito with a smile. "Thank you." Obito nodded.

They both looked back at the now dead man. Obito shrugged. "He deserved it anyway." She laughed. "He did didn't he?" Both their eyes trailed to Obito's own destruction. The man that had tried to stop him was torn to pieces.

Obito smiled. He didn't feel guilt for killing this man. If anything he felt happy, something he hadn't felt in a long time. He took the rest of the kids out of their chairs and walked back to their individual rooms.

If they were to be punished, they would be punished in their room, not the cellar.