Chapter 27

I had just been released from the hospital. After the surgery I had since I had some minor inner injuries, I had to be in the hospital for a couple of weeks. But now, I was finally free again.

Luke had been with me as often as he could and the other boys had been visiting me frequently. We all had talked out about them leaving Australia to go on tour but I was still in some sort of shock.

They were gonna leave me in 1 week and we had to make the best out of the situation. I sat in the backseat of the car, Ashton was driving us all home to his house and the other boys were just rambling on about everything to the moon and back. I couldn't really concentrate on anything they said.

"Ali, are you okay with stopping at McDonald's?" Ashton then asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah" I said blankly.

"You sure?" Luke asked and took my hand.

"Yeah, Luke. It's fine" I said and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I love you, you know?" He whispered.

"Love you too" I said and let out a quiet sigh.

"Do you want water or something?" Michael asked me. I felt like a baby, they were taking care of me so much that it felt like they thought I was helpless.

"No, I'm fine" I said. "I'm not thirsty"

"What is it?" Michael asked and drank out of the waterbottle he had just offered me.

"Nothing" I said and closed me eyes and covered my face with my hair.

"Hey" Luke said with sympathy as I looked up at him. "Cheer up. Everything will be okay" He continued.

"You don't know that..." I whispered.

"I know why you are feeling down. But I promise, I'll always be with you even though I won't be physically with you" He said and kissed my head.

"We're here" Ashton said as he parked outside the McDonald's.

"I'll stay in the car" I said.

"No you're coming with us" Michael insisted. "Come on, Alison! If we keep thinking of it, then we'll probably have the worst week ever. None of us want that so let's make these weeks the best week, ever instead" He said.

I didn't say anything, I just sighed as I followed Luke out of the car.

+

At the end of the day, we all sat in Ashton's living room and watched one of my favourite movies, Divergent. They all agreed on watching whatever I wanted just because they didn't want me to me sad. I was sitting beside Luke, as usual, and he was tightly holding my hand.

"Are you tired?" Luke whispered.

"Nah, I'm fine" I said which felt like it was all I had been stating today.

"You'll be okay" He said and planted a kiss on my hand. "With or without me"

"There's always hope" I sighed.

We continued to watch the movie before everyone except me had fallen asleep. I took out my phone from my pocket and took a picture of Luke, who was now asleep on my lap, deciding to tweet it. I opened twitter and chose the picture of him. To the picture I wrote 'how am I gonna survive ?' and tagged him in the picture. My notifications literally blew up within just a minute. They had definately gotten bigger.

I sighed quietly as I looked down at him. His mouth was partly opened, his hair was a mess and once in a while he let out a little snore. He made everything so much more difficult.

"What are you doing?" He tiredly whispered as a little smile crept up his face and his blue eyes lit up in the dark.

I didn't answer since I couldn't figure out what to say. He just kept laying there, looking up on me and probably waiting for me to answer, yet not a single word could escape my mouth. I looked away from him and up on the TV screen.

"Hey" Luke said and sat up. "Don't be sad"

He took my hand as he tried to make eye contact but I avoided it. Not until that moment, I realised that I was crying.

"What can I do to make you feel better?" He whispered.

I still couldn't answer. I wiped away the tears and let out a big sigh. It felt like the more I wiped away my tears and the more he talked to me, the more I felt hurt. "I don't know" I then finally succeeded to let out.

"Is there anything I could do?" Luke asked.

"Why do you even like me?" I asked him. "There are so many other girls who can offer you so much more than I can... I don't even look good and I'm a loser"

"I'm not even gonna answer that question. You are everything I want and everything I need. The fact that you think you're not good looking and a loser just makes me wanna punch you..." He started as he chuckled a bit. "Don't ever say that again. You're perfect"

"Please don't leave me" I cried.

Luke brought me in a big hug as I heard him start to cry too. I heard him sob before he I pulled away from the hug and dried his tears.

"I wish I could stay with you, or even better, take you with me... But he told us that we weren't allowed to bring anyone else than one parent" Luke said. "We asked why but he refused to answer"

"Who'd you ask?" I asked him.

"Our new manager" He said.

"Well he's a dick" I said as I crossed my arms and looked down at my legs.

Luke chuckled as he planted a quick kiss on my forehead. "Yeah, he is"

We both then sat silent for about 5 minutes until I laid down with my head in his lap and fell asleep. If I only could just fall asleep and don't wake up.

+

When I woke up, Luke was still in the same spot as I remembered before falling asleep. The other guys were in the kitchen, making breakfast.

Michael then came into the living room with a fading smile.

"Hi" He said.

"Hi" I said with the same blank tone.

"I heard you and Luke talking yesterday" Michael started as I nodded and avoided eye contact, realising I'd probably start crying. I felt so vulnerable. "I'm sorry, I really wish we could do something"

"Yeah, me too" I said. "Well, there's nothing we can do so I guess we should just forget it for a while until you leave"

"It's gonna feel so weird without you near" Michael said which became the last words he said to me that day.

----------------------

Hello!!
Hope you liked this chapter!

Guuuuyd btw, I noticed that when I don't put up a goal I don't get as much votes and comments as when I do ????? lol so I wanna be able to not put up goals and still gain votes and comments but I'll just keep doing that for a while
soooooo....

16 votes and 5 comments please??

-malin