Chapter 4

"No! You can't do that! It's not fair" I said, furrowing my eyebrows together.

"Yes it is, Ali. That's like the meaning of the game? To kill eachother?" Michael chuckled.

"But why me? Couldn't you just kill Luke?" I looked at Luke, who was shaking his head in his hands.

"He's in my team..."

"Oh. Can't we do something else? I'm not good at video games"

"Yeah, we noticed that" Luke smirked.

"We can go shopping!" I suggested.

"NO!" They all said in unison.

"Why? We just did something you guys like, it's my turn now"

"Ugh, fine. But not for long" Luke groaned.

I smiled at them and then pushed them out to the car. Luke jumped in at the drivers seat, Michael beside him and me, Ashton and Calum in the back. The car was pretty small so it was a bit crowded in the back.

When we came to the shopping centre, I immediatly grabbed Luke's hand and dragged him into Forever 21.

"Ugh, do we have to shop here? Everything here is so girly..." He complained.

"Yes. It's supposed to be girly here, it's a girl's store" I laughed.

"Can you make it quick here?"

"Stop complain Luke!" I giggled.

We kept walking around the store, looking for clothes for almost half an hour. It wasn't until after 10 minutes I started to ignore Luke's complaining.

"Luke, why are you walking so close to me?" i asked, starting to get a bit irritated that he was so close all the time. I mean, he literally held my arm when we walked and he was always just an inch away from me.

"Sorry, it's just that, last time I was here, I got lost and I had to walk to the cashiers to have them call my name in the speakers. It was really embaressing"

I laughed. "Wow, how old were you then?"

"16" He mumbled.

"What!?" I laughed even harder.

"Stop laughing" He said, starting to laugh too.

We started at eachother for a little while until I spoke.

"Thank you" I smiled.

He looked at me, confused. "For what?"

"Making me smile. All my life, I've been that depressed, little girl, you know? But actually, ever since I met you... I've been smiling, been happy"

He didn't say anything, he just embraced me in a warm hug. Wrapping my arms around his waist and pressing my body against his. He bent his head down to my ear.

"You don't need to say thank you" He whispered. "After everything you've gone through... You deserve all kinds of happiness you can have"

I shyly looked down at the ground. Did he really say that? D-did he really care for me? Is it good or bad? What am I suppose to feel? I mean, being with him makes me feel happy but I'm still afraid of what might happen.

"Hey guys, you done? We wanna go and eat" I hear Calum ask.

I turned around and saw him. He wore a irritating smirk on his face. Luke looked down at me as if saying do you wanna go?

"Uhm, I'll stay here for a little while. I'll catch up with you later. Text me where you're going" I smiled.

"Are you sure? You know we can stay with you if you want?" Luke said.