Chapter 9

The last 3 days, I had only been lying in my hospital bed. I felt okay though, but I think I had to be here for another day or two. Seeing as I was always tired, I had told the nurse that I didn't want anyone to visit me. *cough* Luke *cough*

I was lying in the bed, what a shock, watching some TV since there wasn't really anything else to do.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Uhm..." The voice said and cleared it's throat. "Me" It said. I could clearly hear that it was Luke.

"What do you want?" I asked harshly.

"Please let me in" He pleaded.

"Why would I?"

"Because I really wanna talk to you"

"You're already talking"

"Face to face" He said. "Please"

"How'd you even get to my door? I told the nurse to not let anyone visit" I asked.

"Just let me in, please" He begged.

I rolled my eyes and sighed before I got up of my bed and walked and opened the door.

Luke looked at me. His eyes were red and puffy as if he had just cried. He opened up the door a bit more and stepped in, walking directly to my bed and sat down.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah.. Kinda" He mumbled. "I was worried, Ali"

"Worried about what?" I asked him, sitting down beside him.

"Do you even know how long you've been here!?" He asked, more seriously this time.

"I don't know, 4 days?" I shrugged.

"You've been here almost 2 weeks. You were in coma for about 10 days, the doctors said that they didn't know when you'd wake up!" He almost shouted, tears starting to run down his cheeks.

"Please just stop!" I shouted back, my head starting to hurt. Luke looked at me like he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. "Stop care about me! Just forget that you even met me! Look, I only hurt the people I'm being around, it'll be better if you just go away and just forget about me, Luke"

"Ali, don't you get it?" He chuckled "I can't. Ever since I saved you from dying that night, I've felt something special for you. You were different, not like any other girl I've ever met. I like you, a lot"

"Well... I don't like you! Okay!? So leave me alone!" I shouted back at Luke in anger.

Both me and him got suprised. I didn't mean it, I did like Luke, as a friend, I think. It wasn't meant to come out of my mouth but he just made me so angry, I didn't want him to care about me, even less like me.

See? That's what I'm talking about, I only hurt the people I'm around.

Luke looked at me. His eyes started to get watery the more he looked, but just as a tear was about to fall down, he wiped it away.

"You know what? Screw you!" Luke said harshly. "Go and die! I'm sick and tired of your damn mood changes all the time!"

I was taken back by his words. One seconds he says that he likes and cares about me, and the other he tells me to go and die? Now I was the one who was shocked.

"Yeah, maybe I will" I said bluntly before standing up.

I grabbed Luke's arm and pulled him up before pushing him out of the room and locking it. I leaned my back against the door and sank down against it.

I was so confused. I didn't know where to go and the anxiety started to grow bigger. I walked to the bathroom to take a bath, thinking that it would maybe take away the stress.

As soon as the bathtub was filled with water, I sat down in it. The warm water surrounding my body and it felt so relieving. After a short while, it felt like something was missing. I first thought that it was just something that I imagined. Then I realised what it was. It was my blades. I always have them near me when I take a bath, just in case.

It was about a few weeks since I last cut myself and the scars were starting to heal up. And scratch.

The next thing I saw was that I had scratched so much on the scars that they were starting to bleed again. I quickly stood up and grabbed paper to dry them with, luckily they weren't too open.

"Are you okay?" I heard a knock on the door.

Shit. I had totally forgotten that there are nurses coming to check up on me every hour.

"Yeah" I answered, still patting the scars with paper.

"Do you want help with anything?" One of the nurses asked.

God, Can they just leave me alone?

"No I'm fine" I said, rolling my eyes.

When the scars didn't bleed anymore, I walked back to my bed. It wasn't very late but I was still tired so I decided to sleep.

-

The next morning I woke up by a knock on the door and then a doctor coming in shortly after.

"You are free to go home now, Alison" He smiled.

I didn't say anything, I just rushed into the bathroom to change clothes, grabbed my stuff and got out of that damn hospital.

When I got out, I was so happy to leave that shithole. I picked up my phone, calling Luke to ask him to pick me up. But just when I had clicked 'call' I hung up. Remembering that we aren't friends anymore...

So here I was. Back at the start again, lonely, without any friends, no ride home and without a job.

-------------------------

There it is! Ali has finally left the hospital but is back at the start again.

I hope you guys don't mind the short chapters :)

I don't really know when next chapter is gonna come out yet, depends a little bit on you guys since I usually write another chapter when I've reached the vote and comment goal :)

5 votes and 2 comments till next? :)