Family Meetings and Unknown Feelings

Mika's POV

- 1 week later

So a week ago Bose and I told the team about Us, then the next day we told our families as well. We FaceTimed Bose's family and they were accepting of the news mostly because they weren't really paying attention to us anyways. My parents on the other hand were the opposite, they asked us so many questions, they were watching our facial expressions to see if we were hiding anything, and Dad kept trying to intimidate Bose....keyword trying. Lucky for us they were in the end super accepting and invited Bose to dinner Sunday night......which is tonight. So right now I'm chilling in my room waiting for dinner to start, just as I say that my mom says....

"Mika sweetie someone's at the door for you." Mom said.

"Coming!" I yelled from my room.

I was curious who it was because Bose wasn't supposed to be here until a hour later. I walk downstairs and open the door to see a worried and frantic Bose.

"Honey, we need to talk alone now!" Bose says hurriedly.

"Ok, ok! Mom, Bose is here a bit early we're going to chill upstairs till dinner's ready, ok?" I say.

"Oh hello dear!, and that's fine sweetheart." Mom said.

I grab Bose's hand and speedily walk upstairs, we get to my room, close the door and I turn to him signaling him to speak.

"Ok so don't be mad but I can't find my earpiece." Bose said cautiously.

"What do mean you CAN'T FIND IT!" I scream.

"OW MIKA!" Bose says covering his ears.

"Sorry! Now continue."

"Ok i took it off before going to sleep and when I woke up it was gone! I searched my room up and down but I can't find it. I thought my parents might be home and moved it or threw it away but my parents are still on vacation! Now I'm freaking out, I'm in minor pain but it'll probably get worse, and I'll probably ruin this night for you Butterfly. I would feel horrible if my misplaced earpiece is the reason for your ruined night." Bose says voice filled to the brim with guilt.

I feel so bad for Bose...he thinks he's going to ruin the whole night and i won't make it any better yelling at him or over worrying with him. I just need to stay calm and try to get through one night without the earpiece. I look at Bose and he's on the edge of breaking down, he must know how much this dinner will mean to me and my parents. I hug Bose, run my hands through his hair, and pull away just enough to see his face and say....

"Breathe honey, we're going to be okay. Nothing matters more than me and you right now. We can always reschedule dinner, but we need to focus our precious time and effort onto finding your earpiece. Trust me Bosey we'll be ok." I say with a trustworthy smile on my face.

Bose's POV

Listening to MikaBear speak immediately calms me down...I look at the earth walking Angel in front of me and can't help but feel at ease. I'm just so worried I'll be ruining another family with just my presence.

"But what if I ruin your family like I ruined mine! I don't want to be another left back burden and I don't want your family to feel like I'm worth nothing." I cry.

Mika gives the most caring but confused expression but then her face changes into a heartbroken but understanding one. Now I'm sad and confused...

"Oh honey, you didn't lose your earpiece did you? You made up this excuse to get out of family dinner since you think you'll be a burden to me and my family. You think you'll be left out and alone like your parents do to you! Bosey there is nothing you can do to become a burden to me or my family. You will never be alone as long as I'm by your side." Mika said wiping tears off my face.

Woah....she's right. She knew what I was feeling better than I did, i put my hand in my back pocket and there I find my earpiece safe and sound. I must of done it subconsciously without even knowing. My beloved Mika is the best gift god has blessed me with on this earth.

"What would I do without you, butterfly?" I ask.

"I don't know...but not to sound like my dear brother but our paths were destined to meet. I don't care what anyone says about us Bosey but one thing I know is that I love us and I love you." Mika says.

She loves me?....I never thought I could ever feel more warmth and euphoria around her but somehow my beloved butterfly made me fall 10 times more in love with her than I already am.

"I love you too Mika."

We both smile at each other and like a movie scene time stops when I lock eyes with my Mika. We both lean in and this time the kiss felt like fireworks on the 4th of July. Like there was no one else but Mika, me, and the nonexistent space between us. After about 5 mins of making out we pull away and lean our foreheads together.

"You know that never gets old!" I say in a slightly amusing tone.

"And it never will Bosey, it never will...also you should put your earpiece back in before my Mom yells tha-"

"KIDS DINNER IS READY, COME DOWNSTAIRS!" Mrs.Macklin yells from the kitchen.

"OWW!" I scream.

"That dinner is ready...are you ok Bosey?" Mika asks.

"I'm fine babe." I say putting in my earpiece.

I know what your wondering...you guys said you wouldn't where it around family. But just for tonight since it's an important night we're wearing them, have our hair covering them since we both have long enough hair to do it and we won't be moving around a lot. So this should go just as planned....at least we hope it does.