Italy Days and Drunk Nights

Mika's POV

Right now we just got into our hotel room after a 10-hour flight and I am exhausted. When we got off the plane Bose forgot his phone so we had to go back and get it, then our bags got mixed up in the baggage claim, and then we struggled to get a taxi for an hour but finally, we made it to our hotel. But the flight itself was wonderful and I'm so proud of Bose for overcoming his fear and staying calm during the entire flight. I fall back onto the bed with a sigh of exhaustion, Bose falls next to me and says...

"Alla fine ne abbiamo fatto il mio amore." Bose says.
(We finally made it my love.)

"Sono felice di averlo fatto con te." I say.
(I'm glad I made it with you.)

Bose and I get ready for bed, taking our showers, putting on PJs, FaceTiming the crew, and getting cuddly in bed. We turned on the tv and decided to watch a movie, but in the end, we fell asleep five minutes in.

The next day...

We are now out and about strolling through the Venice City Streets. We already stopped at a breakfast cafe this morning and the food was amazing, now we are heading to get on a gondola ride. There's nothing, I repeat nothing more romantic in Venice than a cuddlesome gondola ride through the meandering canals of the city. It gets all the more romantic if you have a serenading gondolier who will elevate the romance by humming mellifluous Italian melodies. Which we do so I'm extra happy about this ride. We enter the gondola and the gondolier rows us away.

1 hour later...

We finally hit our stop after an hour-long ride which was wonderful by the way.

"That was so amazing and super romantic!" I say.

"I know I loved the entire ri-"

Bose gets cut off by thunder and lightning striking out of nowhere making the loudest noise. Which caused Bose and I to hunch over in pain so if thunder is booming that means rain is close by. We turn down our earpieces then Bose suddenly picks me up bridal style and starts to sprint towards our hotel knowing our earpieces could be damaged in the rain. After 10 minutes of sprinting we made it inside right before the rain, Bose puts me down, grabs my hand and we speed walked to our room. We make it inside, close the curtains, and tune our earpieces so we can hear again. Thankfully with us being inside the rain isn't as loud but it still aches a little.

"We made it!" Bose says out of breath.

"We? That was all, you baby!" I say.

Bose hugs me tiredly and his weight makes me fall back on our bed in laughter, it reminds me of when it was our last night with Ace and he crushed me with his weight and smothered me in kisses. Nights like those and nights like these...even though they may start with agony they can always end in bliss.

1 year later...

Bose's POV

Right now we are celebrating Mika and Miles's 21st birthday at the Man's Nest. We've been playing a bunch of games, watching movies, and just hanging out and having fun. Ray said he would buy Mika some alcohol for her first shot, Mika was apprehensive at first but since it's only one shot she agreed to do it. Miles doesn't do the birthday stuff since it's the government's way of watching you age. So it's just Mika's party since Miles doesn't want presents or a celebration. Also while we were in Italy Schwoz made an antidote for our ears as an anniversary gift for me and Mika so now our ears are finally back to normal after almost 6 years of agony and pain. Mika decided to open presents while waiting for Ray to get back. Chapa got her some new dresses, Miles got her some new books, Schwoz made her one of his Bluetooth showers, and now it's finally my turn to give her my present.

"Here you go Mika-bear." I say.

Mika opens the box and sees our promise rings but on necklaces. Since we've grown since we were 15 we had to stop wearing our rings. But I decided to get us necklaces so she can wear my ring and I wear hers. I pick up the necklace with my ring on it and clip it around her neck and she does the same with my necklace.

"Bose this is so sweet, I was so sad when we couldn't fit our rings anymore but you being the best boyfriend ever found a way around it! Thank you so much Bosey!" Mika says.

Mika hugs me with the brightest smile on her face, I hug her back and say...

"Your welcome Butterfly!" I say.

"Eww, get a room lovebirds!" Chapa states half-joking, half actually disgusted.

"Stop hating on their love, cupcake!" Miles says.

"I told you not to call me that." Chapa says.

Chapa then punches Miles in the arm.

"Owww!" Miles screams.

"Sorry Cupcake." Chapa says teasingly.

Ray then comes up the tube with a bottle of mysterious blue liquid.

"Alright, guys I got the alcohol!" Ray states.

"What is that?" Mika asks.

"Alcohol now no more questions, time to take your first shot!" Ray says.

Ray pours the liquid into a shot glass and hands it to Mika, she smells it but there seems to be no scent. So she just throws it back and drinks it all in one shot.

"How was it?" Ray asked.

"It was good I guess it didn't taste like anything bu-

All of a sudden Mika hunch's over and starts falling to her knees.

"Mika, what's going on?" Chapa asks.

"Ray what did you give her?" I ask.

"I don't really know when I went to the pub and asked for the best one. The owner gave me this and said it's so good no one has drunk it twice!" Ray says.

"Well have you thought to ask why NO ONE has drunk it more than once! Or maybe they only live to drink it once!" Chapa says.

"That makes a lot of sense." Ray says.

Mika stands up and finally opens her eyes. They aren't the honey brown I'm used to, now they were icy blue. Mika's hair starts to turn blue as well and all of us were too stunned to speak.