Taken Too Far

Mika's POV

1 month later.....
Every day for 1 month we have been putting up posters, going back to the same grocery store, and looking around Swellview. But not one parent has been found for Ace and Bose and I are on our last straws. Bose has been extremely grumpy lately since Ace has woken up EVERY NIGHT at 3 am because of a nightmare....then will only sleep till 5 am. For me, since I'm an early riser anyway it's no problem but Bose is nowhere near a morning person. Also Ace is 3 years old so he's needy, sensitive, and extremely dependent on us. So we've been taking turns stuck at home all day with Ace while the other goes to fight crime but both jobs are extremely demanding and we can't even get a full night's sleep. So today I decided we needed to find someone to just take Ace, his parents, a foster home, or an orphanage, I don't care I just want him somewhere safe and not in my apartment. I decided to tell Bose my idea since we needed to get this kid out of here.

"Bose?"

"Yea honey?"

"Is Ace up?" I ask.

"No, he's napping." He says.

"Great! I need to talk with you." I say.

"Ok about what?" He says.

"We need to find Ace a place to stay today! There are so many orphanages or foster homes that will take him! Plus I don't think his parents are coming for him anytime soon it's already been 1 mon-"

"No." He says.

No. No? What does he mean no?

"No?" I say.

"We can't just throw him somewhere else and hope for the best! We decided to take him in and find his parents, we can't give up now!" He says.

"Are you kidding me! Bose if this lasted a week or even 2 weeks that's fine but ONE WHOLE MONTH! There is a really slim chance we are finding his parents and I don't want to keep draining myself because of it. And truthfully I don't even think his parents want him back!" I say.

"We don't know that Mika! His parents could be up day and night looking for him, we already took him from the last location he was in so bringing him to another place would only make their search harder! And you don't know if they want him back or not maybe when they lost him or left him there they realized how much they miss him!" He says.

"Oh please, his parents don't want him!" I say.

"Look you said that he reminds you of me right? Well, when my dad left even though my mom wasn't the best she never left. She stayed with me when dad left us. Trust me his parents will come." He says.

"BUT IN THE END AFTER ALL THE PAIN YOU GUYS WENT THROUGH SHE LEFT YOU JUST LIKE YOUR DAD! THEY AREN'T COMING BACK FOR YOU BOSE, ACE ISN'T YOU! ACE DESERVES THE CHANCE TO ACTUALLY HAVE GOOD PARENTS!" I say full of anger.

"DO NOT TALK ABOUT MY PARENTS, YOU DIDN'T KNOW THEM BEFORE THE DIVORCE AS I DID. ARE YOU SAYING YOU LET ME LIVE WITH YOU ONLY BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT I WOULDN'T STAND A CHANCE ON MY OWN!" He says.

"Maybe I am!" I say.

"Well then maybe I shouldn't be here!"

Bose takes off his promise ring, slamming it down on the kitchen counter, and storming out the house......What did I just do?

Bose's POV

What did I just do? I'm walking to the Man's Nest since I can't think of anywhere else to go. I get there and see it's empty so I just go to the outer area and look at the stars. I sit down on one of the lounge chairs and go through some pics. I see one of me, Mika, and Ace at the park eating ice cream. I remember that day Ace ended up dropping his ice cream and Mika gave him hers. I look at another pic and it's a pic of Mika and Chapa holding moving boxes in the new apartment. I remember Chapa complaining that I could have just lifted all boxes at once but Mika stood up for me saying that it would be a lot of stress on my body. I look at one last pic and it's me and Mika on our 1 monthly dinner date. I can never forget that night it's one of my most precious memories. Seeing that picture of us made me think about the last time we went on a date and that's when it hit me. Mika didn't want to get rid of Ace because she didn't care she just wanted time for us to be a couple. After the Glerp incident, the year and a half of misery and separation, and now the month of the Ace parent search plus fighting crime throughout it all. She's just missing time with me, I was just so angry about the thought of another kid ending up like me I forgot that Ace isn't me and that I've been so focused on Ace that I forgot about my favorite girl. I start to tear up thinking about everything that just happened not even realizing the figure that had walked up next to me...

"Hey, Bose."

"Oh! Hey Chapa." I say slightly startled.

"I just came from talking with Mika." She says.

"Really?"

"Yea, all I could do for her was give very little comfort. She needs you, Bose, she was crying so much, and thinks this is all her fault." She says.

"Omg, I'm a horrible boyfriend." I say.

"No you're not, you guys are a couple. An amazing couple who was bound to fight someday. If you go back to her or not shows who you really are." She says.

She's right. I need to go talk to Mika.

"Thanks for talking with me Chapa, you're the best."

"I know! Now go patch up things with Mika." She says.

I give Chapa a hug and then leave the Man's Nest to go make things better with my Mika.