Dinner Date

Bose's POV

It's been 2 weeks since the Glerp incident, Glerp is now home and far away from our planet, Mika's safe, and crime fighting has been smooth sailing. Right now I'm getting ready to take Mika on a dinner date since the last couple weeks has been extremely work busy and exhausting. So I decided we needed to go on a date where nothing can interrupt us, no ear problems, crime problems, or danger force problems. I just want us to be able to have time for us without dealing with our very dependent jobs. Once I check my mirror and decide I look decent enough I leave out the door, I told Mika I'll pick her up at 7 it's 6:50 and since I'm walking it's a great time to leave.

10 mins later.....

7 on the dot. I knock on her door and when I saw Mika I nearly passed out. I mean Mika's always stunning but somehow she became even more beautiful. She was wearing a beautiful blue dress with some silver heels to compliment my blue dress shirt and silver tie.

"You look breathtaking butterfly." I say.

"Thanks honey so do you." She says.

After she says goodbye to her family for the night since after our date she sleeping over at my place we wait for the Guber I had ordered before I got here. Once the Guber got here we got in and headed to the Restaurant named Montego's. I heard from Ray and Henry that it's a expensive steakhouse and who doesn't like steak! So I got a reservation for tonight and now here we are. We pull up to the restaurant and get out of the Guber.

"You brought me to Montego's, omg Bose this restaurant is super expensive and fancy!" Mika exclaimed.

"I know but we haven't really been on a date since we started dating so I want our official first one to be special." I say.

"Aww Bose you are the best, ok let's go in." Mika says.

Mika and I get seated at a table and order our drinks.

"Hi, I'll get a lemonade.." She says.

"And I'll get fruit punch." I say.

"It's crazy how we been dating for little over a month and this is our first official date." Mika says giggling a little.

"That's crazy, so we've been dating for like 100 days!"

"No Bose we've been dating 32 days but it's does feel like years." Mika corrects me.

"Yeah it does butterfly." I say.

"I have never asked you this but why do you call me butterfly? Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the nickname but I'm just curious why?" Mika asks.

"I call you butterfly because they are such beautiful, fragile, and bright insects yet they can be such high flyers and true meanings of love. Plus every time I'm with you my stomach is full of fluttering butterflies. So every time I saw a butterfly I thought of you so I decided to just call you my butterfly." I explain.

Mika's POV

He may not be the brightest boy in the world but dang this boy is so freaking sweet with his words. Anything that has the slightest relation to me is beautiful and precious in his eyes. I've never felt so warm for what i thought was a simple nickname. Bose doesn't realize the more he is the way he is the more I fall in love with this dimpled cutie.

"Bose that's beautiful, I-i never heard a nickname so deep before especially for me! I really do love yo-"

I was cut off by myself getting choked up, I just love him so much I can't even put in into words. Bose scoots over to my side of the booth and comforts me.

"Did I say something wrong Mika?" He asks.

"Absolutely not.......you said everything right! I'm just really happy right now being here with you." I say.

Bose was about to say something but got interrupted by the waiter bringing our drinks and getting ready to order our food.

"Ok here are you drinks and what would you guys like to eat?" The waiter asks.

"I'll have Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans." I order.

"And I'll also have Steak but with Mac & Cheese and Roasted Carrots." Bose orders.

The waiter takes our orders and leaves. Bose still hasn't left my side since I choked up earlier. He truly is the sweetest boy in the world I truly don't get it. How can someone so lovable get no love from his own family? I mean Bose's dad left him, then his mom and stepdad are barely present in his own life, and he has no siblings. This poor boy was alone for so long but I'm so happy I found my Bosey because now he'll never feel alone again and I'll make sure of it.

"Honey?"

"Yes?" Bose says.

"Thank you." I say.

"For what?"

"Just being there when no one else was." I say.

"Mika-bear I'll always be there for you, you know that. If anything I should be saying Thanks to you." Bose says.

"For what?"

"For loving me when no one else would."

This boy doesn't know how much I want to smother him in kisses right now but I can't because I'm not the biggest fan of PDA. So instead of responding I just kiss his cheek, hug him in silence, and hopefully he gets the message.

"I love you too butterfly." Bose says.

Being the perfect boyfriend he is of course he gets it immediately.

"You should sit on the other side now our food should be coming any second now." I say.

"Ok." Bose says.

Like the waiter was reading my mind the foods comes out and it's great obviously. Bose and I decided to get dessert so while I went to the ladies room Bose got to order us a dessert to share. I get back, the dessert is already there, and I see it's a simple cheesecake my favorite....simple but delicious. Bose said he's stuffed so I can eat the cheesecake so I agree obviously because I wasn't going to pass up cheesecake. I dig my fork into it and see something shiny in the cheesecake. I clean it off to find a ring.....a ring? I look at Bose and he looks anxious waiting for my reaction or response. The ring is stunning, silver and blue gems, and the back is engraved with M & B forever. It's obviously for me but my anxious thoughts are scared this is a proposal. I was stuck in my thoughts till Bose says....

"Mika I know what you're thinking....it's not a wedding ring....it's a promise ring see?"

Bose shows me a ring band on his his hand that is half blue half silver and takes it off to show the same engraved phrase on the back. How did I not notice that ring before?

"Oh thank god." I say relieved.

Bose laughs at me thinking he was proposing but slides his ring back on.

"Well do you like it?" Bose asks.

"Of course I do! I don't just like it I love it, thank you so much honey!"

I put the ring on and admire this beautiful piece of jewelry. I'm going to never take this off....except when I shower or wash my hands I'm so scared it will fall down the drain. Anyway this has definitely been one of the best nights of my life with one of the best people in my life.