Deep Talks and Dog Bachelor

Mika's POV

After calming Bose down, we walk down the stairs to see the rest of my family is already seated.

"Thank Mrs and Mr. Macklin for inviting me over for dinner tonight!" Bose says.

"Of course sweetheart you make our baby happy and your a great friend to Miles, how could we not adore you and want to know more about you!" Mom states.

"And he appreciates a good saddle when he sees one!" Dad says proudly.

"Dad! You promised no saddle talk at the table tonight!" Miles complained.

"Fine! But besides my amazing saddle let's talk about you Bose." Dad said.

"Well....I'm 15, I love Dog Bachelor, and care very much for your daughter Sir." Bose answered cautiously.

I grab his hand and squeeze it, he looked and I gave him a comforting look before mouthing the words "breathe".

"...Actually Mr and Mrs.Macklin to be honest with you I'm not the smartest or the bravest boy, but when it comes to Mika sometimes I get too overprotective, and I miss having parents that are present in my life. Sometimes I feel like a burden to them and I almost didn't sit at this dinner table tonight because I thought I'd become a burden to you all. If it weren't for this amazing girl sitting next to me I would not be sitting here and....I could not go own in life without her. Yea I lived life before meeting her and now dating her but since then I can't imagine my life without her by my side." Bose said crying out those last few lines.

I look at my Breathtaking Boyfriend crying out his built up feelings...good and bad and I just hug him. I hug him as tight as I can while not pushing him out of his chair. I know he felt these things and I knew just a little guidance and support would get those feelings out. This is exactly what I wanted my family to see...I wanted them to see the Bose I love and care for so much, the Bose who is vulnerable and not afraid to cry, the Bose that will do anything for me and can trust that it's vice versa.

"Wow Bose.... T-that is exactly what kind of young man I want dating my daughter. Someone who can be protective and a fighter but also sensitive and not afraid to get vulnerable. Bose...honey you are sitting here tonight with the weight of the world on your shoulders and your own problems to deal with but you still chose to come and sit with my family because of how much you know this means to Mika. You care about her so much that you put her before anything else." My mom stated nearly bursting into tears.

"Now I feel bad for trying to scare the poor boy away." My dad stated with guilt.

We all chuckled at his guilt filled comment.

"It's ok Mr.Macklin I get it you only want the best for Mika." Bose stated.

Bose's POV

"Bose....from what I've seen today and how happy my daughter's been lately...you are and will be the best she'll ever get." Mr.Macklin said with full sincerity.

Woah that was the nicest thing Mr.Macklin has ever said to me. I look at my Mika and smile the biggest grin before saying.

"Mr.Macklin Sir....You and Mrs.Macklin have raised an amazing daughter and I know that every great quality I love about her definitely came from you two outstanding parents." I say.

"Thank you Bose, now let's dig in before our food gets covered in anymore tears haha." Mrs.Macklin joked.

We all laughed at the joke and decided to dig in and finish our food. I can't believe I nearly missed out on this awesome night with my girl and her amazing family. About 15 minutes later we finished our food and Mika had volunteered to clean up and wash the dishes so I decided to help her.

"You don't have to Bosey." Mika says.

"No no Butterfly I want to help, it's not like I'm being forced. Plus any alone time with my Mika is something I'll always volunteer to have." I say.

"Ok Honey stop being sappy and help me clean, I will grab and wash, and you will rinse and dry got it?" Mika says.

"You got it babe!" I say.

30 minutes later...

After washing the dishes Mika and I walk up to her room and get ready to watch Dog Bachelor since we weren't able to watch it live we recorded it and now we're watching it later. I lay on Mika's bed, Mika's lays next to me head on my chest facing the TV, and while she starts Dog Bachelor I just take in the moment of it just being me and Mika. No interruptions, No Crime Fighting, and No Loud Noises to badly damage our bodies.

"Bubba, I got the show ready."

Bubba?? I never thought a new nickname could be so sweetly said but Mika once again proves me wrong by being the cutest person ever saying that.

"Bubba?" I questioned.

"Oh i just thought it was a cute nickname I could call you when it's just us around....if you don't like it I can chang-"

"Mika I love it!" I say.

"Aww Bubba I'm happy you love it now let's watch Dog Bachelor, I'm dying to see which adorable puppy goes home tonight." Mika says.

Mika presses play and the recap of last episode starts to play on the TV. I look at My Mika and kiss her forehead she pauses the show and looks up at me with the pure confusion.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"I just wanted to." I say.

"Well I'll do you one better."

I was now the one confused...that was until she pecked my lips and asked...

"Was that better?" She said with a slight smile.

"No duh!" I say laughing.

Mika laughs too as she lays back down now next to me, head laying on my shoulder, and she presses play once again. I grab Mika's hand, lay my head on top of hers, and enjoy my favorite show with my favorite girl.