Our new home

Mika's POV

3 months later...

We've been in our new apartment for a month now and everything has been smooth sailing. We take turns doing different chores every day, we go half and half on the rent, and we get so much privacy. Bose's parent's faces when the danger force crew came in a moving truck and helped Bose move into the apartment was priceless. They truly thought I was going to let them throw my Bosey out on the streets but they were extremely far from being right. My parents were completely supportive of the decision of my apartment to become Our apartment mostly because my parents are happy I'm not all by myself. Right now Bose and I are grocery shopping since we need a bunch of food since this boy here eats for a family of 5. As we were about to grab some frittles we see a little boy around the age of 3 looking very lost and scared. We decided to approach him and see if he needs help...

"Hello I'm Mika and this is my partner Bose, you seem lost." I say.

"Are you lost, little buddy?" Bose asks.

The little boy nods yes.

"Well if you come with us we can help you find your parents, does that sound like a plan?" I ask.

The little boy's timid face turned into a small smile and he sticks his thumb out and up answering my previous question. Bose then picks up the small boy and we bring him to the main office. We enter seeing a young lady typing away on a computer but stopping and looking up noticing our presence.

"Hi, how may I help you?" She asks in a cheery tone.

"We found this little boy alone in the middle of the chip aisle." I say.

"Ok, we deal with this all the time! We will describe the missing child over the intercom and if the parents don't show in 10 minutes then there is nothing we can do." She explained.

"What do you mean nothing you can do?" Bose asks.

"Look kid, we're a grocery store, not a search party, his parents have 10 minutes, or the kid is put on the streets." She says.

"The streets! This kid is barely out of diapers and you want to leave him on the streets unless his parents show up in 10 MINUTES!" I say.

"Yup, unless you two wanna take him after 10 minutes and deal with him on your own." She says.

I look at Bose wondering what's going on up in his head. He doesn't look at me which worries me a little but we can't let this kid get thrown to the streets.

"Let's let the 10 minutes pass and after we will decide." I say.

"Fine...This is Stacy from the main office if you are looking for a little boy, with brown hair, a red jacket, black pants, and white shoes. Please come to the main office he is here waiting for you. In 10 minutes he will be sent out to the grocery store so proceed with caution. Ok, now we wait." She says.

Bose's POV

They'll show, right? They wouldn't leave their baby alone in the grocery store! Let's just wait and see...

10 minutes later...

"I can't believe no one showed!" Mika exclaimed.

"So what are you going to do?" Stacy asks.

"We're taking him! I can't let him be left behind 2 times in one day!" I say.

"I agree." Mika says.

We leave the office with no help from that lady and think about what we can do....

"We can give information to the police, and just let them take him. He'll be so much safer in their hands." Mika says.

"That's true." I say.

So we head down to the local police station after buying the rest of our groceries and tell them the whole story. But what they tell us next shocked us...

"We can't do anything about that."

"I'm sorry sir but this is a missing kid, you have to deal with this all the time. So what do you mean you can't do anything about it!" I say.

"Well no parents have put in a report, there has been no mention of a missing kid in the news or social media, we don't know his name to enter it into the database, and you two don't even know where he came from he could have been left there for a second and his parents were looking for him in the store. So I'm sorry son but your best bet is to, bring him back to the store, take him home and figure it out on your own, or find someone high in power to help your search." The cop explained.

"He's right honey, let's just take him and we'll figure something out." Mika says.

"Alright."

So after our brief conversation with the police, we head home with groceries and a child......who would've thought. Mika told me to check the kid to see if he wears diapers or not so she knows if she needs to buy some. I check and he does so Mika leaves to buy some diapers, PJs, toys, and more stuff for this kid since we don't know how long he'll be here. I decided to try to talk to him since he's definitely 3 or younger so talking isn't his strong suit. But any information I can get out of him is the best option right now.

"Hey buddy, you might stay here for a little bit so I want to get to know you ok?"

"Ok." He says.

Oh thank god he speaks....now let's get to talking.

"What's your name?" I say.

"Ace" he says.

"Cool name! My name's Bose if you forgot and the girl I was with is Mika she's my girlfriend." I say.

"She's pretty!" He says.

I giggled at this kid's cute comment and say...

"I know right, She's so pretty! How old are you?" I ask.

"I just turned 3, I remember because my mommy gave me a cake with candles a couple of days ago!" He says.

"Oh that's awesome, I love cake!"

"Me too! It's super yummy!" He says.

Mika comes back with a couple of bags and I help her unpack them.

"So I was able to talk to him and I learned some stuff." I say.

"Great job honey, what did you learn?"

"His name is Ace, he just turned 3 a couple of days ago, he loves cake, and he thinks your pretty."

"Aww, he's a cutie!" She says.

"I know, how could someone leave such a sweet lovable kid behind? He deserves the world." I say.

"Doesn't that remind you of someone?"

"Hmmm? No, not really." I say.

"Bose he reminded me of you! A cute, sweet, and lovable kid who got left behind on the streets. Why do you think we were so determined to find his parents? Bose, he reminds you of yourself." She says.

Wow...she's right. She's always right. But I'm almost an adult now so I've gotten over the years of neglect but this kid is barely out of diapers. So we definitely need to find his parents....................he can't grow up like me.