Stalling Glerp and Saving Mika

Mika's POV

I feel so bad for having to break our promise but I hope they can decode my message. I know they're smart enough to do so but it still doesn't feel right to hurt Bose to have to do it. I'm starting to sweat even more as Glerp's Platform lowers me closer and closer towards the lava. If the team did break the code I have to stall and give them time so I don't die after all that heartbreak.

"I broke up with him can you please let me go!"

"I have to kill you, I know your not stupid and probably will find a way to get him back so I must destroy you while I have the chance!" Glerp stated.

"Even if you kill me that's not going to change the fact that you'll kill Bose too! You age him up the more you love him, do you really think that's love? Glerp.....love is caring for each other and sacrificing yourself for each other. And if you truly do love Bose you'll let him go and let him see another day. Do you think he'll want anything to do with you if he finds out you killed me! Hurting who you love and the ones they love just for you own selfishness isn't love Glerp!" I say.

"No! Don't say that! I do C-care for him!"

"Then let him love who he wants to love, even if it kills you." I say.

"Why do you know so much about this love stuff and I don't! I am one of the smartest species on earth and I'm getting advice from a measly human." Glerp says.

"Because I've experienced having to watch the one I love be with other people, then once I was with them he sacrificed everything for me and protects me more than anyone. He always tells me that he loves me for me, no one and nothing can break us apart."

"Who is this he you speak of?" Glerp asked.

"Bose." I say.

Just as I said his name I see the Mancopter fly over the volcano, and come down to my level. I see the doors open and I see him, his face goes from worried to relief as he sees I'm ok.

"MIKA ARE YOU OK?" Bose screams.

I nod.

"Ok I'm going to bring ray towards you so he can untie you, I'll bring him back first, then you to keep these levitation trips extra safe. Ok?" He informed and asked.

One at a time sounds safe but it'll take awhile, he's going to be holding Ray the entire time since there's no room for him to stand on the platform. So for him to hold ray in the air the entire time and then bring me all the way to the Mancopter sounds like that's a lot to ask out of Bose. Not to Mention the helicopter is in air this entire time so the noise is killing me and I know it's killing him. I have to think of a way to speed up the process. While thinking about a solution I nodded answering Bose's prior question.

"Ok Ray you ready?" Chapa asked.

"Yup, float me Bose." Ray says.

Rays takes liftoff and comes my way, he successfully makes it and starts to untie me. While this is happening Miles teleported midair, got Glerp and cuffed her to keep her from escaping. Ray finished then was lifted back to the Helicopter, I stand up, stretch, and kick the chair into the lava to give me a little more room on the platform. Standing on the platform gave me an idea.....I need to jump. If I jump it will save time and put less stress on Bose. The platform is almost to the lava, I'm sweating buckets, and I decide to tell Bose my Plan.

"Alright Mika it's your turn." Bose says.

"I'M GOING TO JUMP!"

Bose's POV

"WHAT! I can lift you the entire way!" I say.

"Bose I know your exhausted, hot, sweaty, heartbroken and in pain because I am too! You need to trust that I'll jump far enough so that you bringing me to the helicopter will be 10 times easier!"

She's right....I need to trust her like she trusted me that day we were in this same volcano. I see the platform getting closer and closer to the lava that I see my Mika standing on......I have no choice but to trust her.

"Ok, I trust you...JUMP!" I say.

She jumps...................and it's like time slowed down Mika jumped slowly in the air waiting for me to catch her and......................I do. I catch her, bring her towards me, and set her safely in the Mancopter. I close the doors, the helicopter begins to exit the volcano, and me and Mika fall to the floor in exhaustion. She scoots over by me, hugs me, and I feel her trembling out of fear of what she just had to do AGAIN.

"Butterfly it's ok your safe now, I'm here, and we're almost back to the Man's Nest."

"I'm so sorry I broke the promise, I just didn't want to die!" Mika cries out.

"I was upset at first but I realized you were forced too so I'm not even a bit upset anymore. You did what you had to do and if you didn't give those clues during the video call we wouldn't be here now would we?"

"No." Mika says.

"Exactly, I still love you Mika."

"I love you too Bosey."

After she said that she cuddles into me and closes her eyes. I don't blame her since so much just happened in only a couple of hours. I kiss her forehead, lean back against the helicopter door, and let my butterfly sleep. I don't know how I would live in a world without her in it and honestly I don't even want to imagine it. I'm just going to keep going through life one day at a time with my beauty of a butterfly by my side.